Banana pi R3 can't save anything in luci

yes Great, I can’t do that, I’m a Linux beginner… is there no real image with Luci?

you could try if on the ip ssh answers…try to make ssh connection with putty/minicom to the ip-address. better is having debug-uart to see all whats going on and have a fallback if you break your network-stack :slight_smile:

I do everything via UART Usb Adapter. because my problem is that the images all have the address 192.168.1.1… but my Fritzbox also die192.168.1.1. I can’t change the Fritzbox addresses because otherwise I would have to change the whole network.

ok, then you can also change ipaddress on the system, i’m not familar with openwrt but temporary you can change it like this:

ip addr del 192.168.1.1/24 dev lanbr0
ip addr add 192.168.1.200/24 dev lanbr0 // or something else

and then connect any of the lan-ports to you existing lan (so you have same subnet). for internet-access you have to set default route and dns-resolver

ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

dns-resolver depends on what openwrt is using, i guess @dangowrt can help here. debian/ubuntu uses /etc/resolve.conf or systemd-resolved

then you can install lucy and make all permanent network config there

OK I’ll try it now, I’ll get back to you right away… that’ll be fun :wink:

Do this to change the LAN address permanently to 192.168.3.1:

uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.3.1
uci commit network
reload_config

If you wish that the device simply connects to the existing router and uses DHCP to acquire an address, you may do so as well:

uci set network.lan.proto=dhcp
uci commit network
reload_config

(then you need to check your main router to find the address it assigned to the R3 which uses hostname ‘OpenWrt’ by default)

1 Like

Did you add LuCI to the list of packages to be installed in the firmware-selector? It is not installed by default in snapshot builds, but you can add it quite easily:

screenshot

Colleagues, slowly slowly… I’m a beginner !!! I have made:

• ip addr del 192.168.1.1/24 dev br-lan
  • ip addr add 192.168.1.200/24 ​​dev br-lan
  • ip route add default via 192.168.1.1
  • ip: RTNETLINK answers: File exists

did something go wrong with the last command?

Do I have to type that in manually with the keyboard?

When I enter “luci-ssl-wolfssl” manually with the keyboard I get this error message.

Screenshot%202023-01-11%20200930

can confirm that it does not work for me too…if i add luci-ssl build is successful, but package-list has luci dropped

I’m too stupid for that, can’t someone make me an image for an SD card? otherwise I can throw the device away,… I’ve been trying to do it for over 2 months now.

Sorry, try with just luci-ssl (which is actually still the wolfssl variant, we are about to change back to mbedtls, which is why I’m confused about it).

something works with luci-ssl. but what after that? can i download this as an image somewhere?

Yes, just click on one of the links to the ready-made images below. screenshot

do I understand it right? I have to put it in “Customize installed packages” and below comes out the finished image for SD card ?

Exactly. You edit the list of packages in “Customize installed packages”, then you click on “Request build” and then you can download the ready-made image below. If the exact same combination of packages has already been requested for this device, everything will happen very fast as the images are cached for some time.

I just tried it, I can get the img. Download the file, it is about 21KB in size. I can write them to the SD card with Win32disk Imager But: something is wrong with the file, the R3 shows me via UART "System halt! "

The file I see there has 21MB and is gzip compressed. Before writing it to an SD card, you will have to decompress it (like you did with previous images).

Edit: No idea how one would handle gzip compression on Windows, probably 7zip can do the decompression for you.

yeah, I somehow got it unpacked under Windows with WinRar. :slight_smile: the image is burned, the R3 boots, and lucy starts !!! guys you are great!!! Thank you.

do you have a tip which packages I should install?