Banana PI Open source boards giveaway for developer

I would like to request a Bpi Nb-IoT for testing as I am doing a comparison between SIMCOM and QUECTEL. The board will be used on band 8 Nb-IoT network.

BPI NB-BC95 NB-IoT

Hi,

I’m Ycarus ( https://github.com/Ysurac/ ) and I would like to apply for a BPI-R64.

I develop OpenMPTCProuter ( https://www.openmptcprouter.com/ ), opensource project to aggregate multiple Internet connections, I already support BPI-R2 and I would like to add support and create images for BPI-R64. The board will be used for tests and full support.

Thanks

1 Like

OK ,i wll send sample to you when we back office. and we also design OpenMPTCPRouter protocol with 4G base on BPI-R64

free sample have send out

Hii.I, am Shivam Yadav. I would like to use Banana pi for making a gaming device. I would probably need the Banana pi M64 which has 2 GB of RAM.Please update me if any board has 2 GB of RAM and Sim card slot.It will have as many features as a smartphone has. I will root an android version on it. I will upload a video and how I made it on Instructables. Please check out my account. https://www.instructables.com/member/priyankayadav215836/

have send free sample to you , thank you for your support banana pi project

Hello @sinovoip ,

I would like to raise question about shipping costs to Russia from aliexpress. They are too high, e.g. the item (case for BPI-64) https://aliexpress.ru/item/4000359928714.html costs $8.00 and shipping costs to Moscow - $33.64 via EMS , same bad for BPI-64 itself. At the same time costs to Europe countries, Brazil, USA etc are only US $5.02 via Singapore Post …

Can you help?

I already talked with the manager Judy Huang from SinoVoip Co.,Limited Banana PI at Aliexpress and she promised that ePacket will be accessible for Russia, but there is no result.

I understand this topic is not a good place to ask, please bear with me.

P.S. I am developing something useful with BPI-R64 with hope that will be useful for russian users. For now, I almost ported Armbian to BPI-R64.

So, if you won’t help with shipping costs, I would like to get one more BPI-R64 to speed up my activities.

Ok ,i have talked with judy ,she will help you to check this cost .please discuss with judy.

1 Like

Hello @sinovoip ,

I’m interested in the Banana PI R64 , I’ve heard OpenWrt mainline support is not the best on latest kernels. I would like to try and port missing features from the old kernels (4.9-4.19) to mainline while also improving current features. I will be focusing on OpenWrt support mostly.

please PM your shipping address to me ,

Please help me out with the shipment. The link is showing the same progress from 5-6 days.

Yes please wait, Looks like there is a delay on all the shipment sent out from CN/HK.

It should be updated soon. It also depends on your country whether they’re accepting shipment or not.

Okay. Thankyou for the help.

Hi, I am 36 years old and was working on some Arduino based Synthesizer / Sequencer / Midi Controller and Home - automation (pet feeder etc.) But now I want to go ahead and explore the possibilities of SonicPi to create some new kind of a sensor based semi-electronic half mechanic Music instrument. So I would apply for a BPi m64 because a need 2GB Ram for sure. (If you have any better suggestion for a better suiting board - please let me know. I would use it for SonicPi maintime -and maybe some retro game build) Thanks and stay healthy!

Developers of various open source communities. Can add banana pi-related product support in your own community.

I am contributing my knowledge in the fields of network, cyber and information security communities. I am deeply involved in network security and penetration testings. Beside contributing of open source tools for penetration testing, I am passionate with developing of hardware gadgets of small sigle-board computers for the purpose of penetration testing engagements onsite.

As well I already contributed in some bug fixes in different Linux distros and different open source tools.

I am also contributing in 3D printing community, where I shared various designs of cases for different models of Raspberry Pi (Link to my profile on Thingiverse).

Due to your products looks like really top-notch, and includes many features, which we are missing on other single-board computers, we can bring networking/security/privacy and penetration testing on higher level.

My relevant works.

I created hardware implant (BlackEvil Pi), which enables infiltration into a local network with Raspberry Pi to perform a remote penetration testing. I was also picked to talk about this gadget on Security conference Bsides (link). I also created step-by-step tutorial how to make this gadget with Raspberry Pi W Zero on my blog (link).

State the type of Banana Pi boards you want to apply for and the work you want to do on it.

I would like to apply for BPI-R2 or BPI-R64 model.

I want to create advanced open source router, with increased security and privacy features on one device:

• Firewall
  • IDS/IPS (intrusion detection and preventive system)
  • VPN server and VPN client
  • DNS server with enabled DoH (DNS over HTTPS)
  • Ad blocking
  • Blocking malicious sites
  • Parental control

On the long term, I would like to put all features in one admin panel.

All my work will be documented, shared and open sourced. I will also create tutorials on different community platforms.

I want to involve this board also in penetration testing community, where could be suitable for network monitoring and packet capturing, and as well remote controlling it over C2 server.

If you think that I can help and contribute to Banana Pi community, please let me know.

Thank you,

Best regards

please contact [email protected] ,she will send sample to you

hello, Leox, I am Judy from Banana Pi team, i can send you Banana Pi sample, please contact me to send your detailed address, phone number and receiver name, my mail is [email protected]

I have faithfully bought 2x R64 and recently 1x R3.

Since then, I have developed the archlinux install script for both devices:

It consists of a build script that sets up the storage device / image. It also uses custom packages I have added to the Archlinux AUR. AUR (en) - Packages (archlinux.org) I also host pre-build versions of those packages.

It uses a custom ATF, here:

This version is cleaned up from the original and now runs on R64 and R3 without hanging at reboot (R64 v2.7+)

I personally have no use for any more devices, so it is not likely I will purchase a newer model any time soon. However, if BPI likes to have more devices added to the script, you can send me some.

I’m thinking of R3mini or R4, mediatek devices.

However, I also have a rockchip version of the script, which will be updated the same like the mediatek version, after all changes are made to it I have planned. But, I do not have much experience in graphical linux development. (except maybe using v4l2 decoding with ffmpeg, using the github pages of a libreelec developer).

thank you for you support , R3 Mini and R4 when ready ,will let judy send free sample to you

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve updated my rockchip ArchlinuxArm install script, the same as I have on the Mediatek version. It supports RK3288 and RK3588 devices.

See:

The updates for RK3588 specifically: It now installs gnome, kodi, mpp, ffmpeg-mpp v4.4 and v6, gl4es, mesa-panfork (incl vulkan,opencl,vdpau) succesfully. It does need a lot more testing though. See:

It can boot from SD card, EMMC should also be possible. Also it can boot from a combination of SPI and NVME (without SD and/or EMMC).

About the linux kernel, it uses the armbian linux kernel for now. Eventualy I would like to add the possibility for mainline linux kernel. The RK3288 is a good example of that. It then uses ffmpeg4.4-v4l2-request-git and ffmpeg-v4l2-request-git instead of the mpp version. I’ve created them to get the ffmpeg version from the same source as libreelec does.

About U-Boot, I use a version that supports nvme, from another vendor. Also U-Boot I would eventualy want to move to mainline, as soon as it supports nvme.

As I already own a RK3588 device, I personally have no use for any more devices, so it is not likely I will purchase another RK3588 any time soon.

However, if BPI chooses to, you can send me a BPI-W3 and I could add the BPI-W3 to the script.

1 Like

I’m Roberto, network engineer and OpenWRT expert and developer.

I have seen that you will release a new router

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/banana-pi-bpi-r4-aims-to-be-the-heart-of-your-home-networking-projects and wanted to know if you can send a pre-production sample out to me in Italy. I’ll try developing a OpenWRT or pfsense image and provide it to the community.