Banana Pi M2 zero not working

Hi , Recently I bought BPI M2 Zero board and Installed all the linux variant as per the wiki page using balenaEtcher tool. Not even a single time it is booted. Always the red led light is ON on the board. I tried all the possibilies still it didnt work, Please help.

Hey, would you like to try my method?

Prepare to develop:

a. 8GB or more SD card

b. Windows/ Linux / MAC os PC

c. USB-Serial interface

d. SD card reader

1. Downloading newest image on BPI wiki on PC: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uRE8BppgDjK2TXH5kUIJ1_YrbAAW3HKF

2. Installing Balena Ethche(burning tool) on PC: https://www.balena.io/etcher/

3. Installing the SD card in card reader, then installing the card reader in PC. (Please confirm your SD card have no any other files in it. If not, you have to format the SD card)

4. Opening Balena Ethche, choose” Flash from file” image

5. And choose the image which you downloaded on PC image

6. Go on the next steps, choose you sd card image image

7. Choose Flash image image

8. Finished image

9. Removing card reader on PC

10. Installing SD card on M2 Zero

11. Connecting 5V/2A micro-usb power adapter. And power on.

Hope can help you:)

Hi , Thank you these step helped. But the display is not coming. I was able to do ssh to the machine.

I changed the config.txt -. hdmi-hot plug enable flag etc , But the screen shows “White backgroud” and not moved further.

Also, Facing issue with libcrypto installation.

/usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory E: usrmerge failed. dpkg: error processing package usrmerge (–configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of init-system-helpers: init-system-helpers depends on usrmerge | usr-is-merged; however: Package usrmerge is not configured yet. Package usr-is-merged is not installed. Package usrmerge which provides usr-is-merged is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package init-system-helpers (–configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured Errors were encountered while processing: usrmerge init-system-helpers E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)