Banana Pi BPI-R4 Wifi 7 router board with MediaTek MT7988A (Filogic 880),4G RAM and 8G eMMC

Yes, 2x1Lane and 2x2lane. and the 2x2lane is for wifi.

If we change the schematic according to what I sayed , then we will add PCIe description to the specification of KEY-B.

Could You post schematics around SFP connectors?

Just to check compatability with SFP ONT like Nokia ONT G-010S-A.

1 Like

This is what the next version plans to change to.

1A can be not enough for some sfp (like gpon).

Can the gmacs switched between sfp (sgmii/1000baseX/2500baseX) and sfp+ (USXGMII/10GBase-KR for 5000M and 10000M)

3.3VD is connected to MP8759GD like BPI-R3.

The current test is a fixed 10G. We added I2C to read the information of the module. hope that the next version of the board can adjust the switching function

wifi 7 function test ok ,all hardware function test ok .

%E5%BE%AE%E4%BF%A1%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87_20230719172938

2 Likes

So when will it be released in china, and how much?

1 Like

Sinovoip has previously said Q1 2024 for wifi 7 card. Board itself as early as October.

My ISP (Verizon) uses XFP for NG-PON2 (4 x 10G bandwidth for 16 residential subscribers). Even SFP+ power draw is not enough.

@simon I noticed that wifi card is not recognized by pcie driver on cold boot,but after reboot. Maybe we need a delay in pcie driver. Have you seen this too? Maybe this is fixed by v1.0? Imho change wifi-enable into wifi disable may brick pcie devices except the wifi-module,am i right? Of course i can set the regulator in dts,but before (atf,uboot) 12v are always enabled.

Because MTK’s pcie does not have a hotplug function, the 12V power supply of the NIC must be powered on before initializes pcie, and the power-on sequence of the NIC cannot be controlled by software like the V00.

There are still problems with the current wi-fi driver and DDR driver. When using 4GB DDR, it will always reboot after detecting wi-fi, but it can be used stably after limiting the DDR to 2GB.

Isn’t this a problem for other mPCIe cards? As far as i see,12v it put on pins 6, 28 and 48 of the mPCIe slots (cn12+cn14). Afair there were discussions for r64 where users had bricked mPCI cards because of 5v on pin 48,so these slots are for wifi-module only (or at least 12V tolerant cards).

My 1.0 schematic still says WiFi_12V_EN connected to GPIO4_GPIO_A,but yes - switching it off in linux does not makes sense if it is on from poweron till linux-boot (atf+uboot on sw level).

can we get AXP209 support?

@dangowrt do you know if the new TOPS system in MT7988 supports PPPOE offload? Some ISPs use it even with 10G plans so it would be great if it could be offloaded at those speeds.

Hello,

Will this support the Quectel RM520N-GL 5G modem module?

The manufacturer’s pdf shows this: INTERFACE -

• USB 2.0 × 1
  • USB 3.0/3.1 × 1
  • PCIe 3.0 × 1

Hi,

any news about release date for R4 (without Wifi and with 2 10G ports)?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Small batch has been produced, please contact:[email protected]

1 Like

Hy. Any news about a release date? Thanks you ^^

And maybe approximate pricing for base board and wifi addon card? Thank you, patiently waiting for release.

I’m really curious about the target price as well. I assume quite a bit above R3 if you have the WiFi board included.