Banana Pi BPI-R4 BPI-BE14 Wi-Fi7 NIC module

It is a testing firmware so of course it can report things that are not yet reported by driver…we have su collect these things and report back to mediatek (author of the code patch)

I’m not deep enough in the wifi things to checkk all these settings…may you report it directly (cc me and daniel)?

Do you have an official email for such feedback or should I just email directly to the author of the patch (Shayne Chen I guess?). For your email, I guess the same applies, taking the one from github is fine?

Right. There was only an email between mtk,me and daniel/john/lorenzo. No official one…i told that we do some tests and report back.just take me in cc and target to shayne chen,i forward it to the others.

did the email reach you or did I spam random people via email?

I got the mail cc daniel :slight_smile: lets wait for response

Can I use the antennas that are supplied for LTE connections?

Just got the notification that my order placed July 28th has shipped, was saying up until today it would ship Sept 09th. Fingers crossed it’s not a mistake (Was SmartFly Company on AliExpress, have not shopped that company before).

https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005007223308239.html :tada:

Does anyone know how to set WIFI7 NIC to Monitor mode? I want to use Bpi-R4 as a packet capture device.

tcpdump on one of the interfaces do not work?

If you mean wardrive style packet capturing:

ip link set wlp1s0 down
iw wlp1s0 set monitor none
ip link set wlp1s0 up

Or use airmon-ng

root@OpenWrt:~# ip link set rai0 down
root@OpenWrt:~# iw rai0 set monitor none
command failed: Not supported (-95)

when i use “iw phy1 info” cmd, the log show it not support “monitor” mode.

root@OpenWrt:~# iw phy1 info
Wiphy phy1
        wiphy index: 1
        max # scan SSIDs: 1
        max scan IEs length: 2304 bytes
        max # sched scan SSIDs: 0
        max # match sets: 0
        Retry short long limit: 0
        Coverage class: 0 (up to 0m)
        Device supports AP-side u-APSD.
        Available Antennas: TX 0xf RX 0xf
        Configured Antennas: TX 0x7 RX 0x7
        Supported interface modes:
                 * IBSS
                 * managed
                 * AP

https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-R4#OpenWRT_MTK_MP4.0_wifi_SDK_wifi_driver_for_BE14000_Wifi_Card Does this version of WiFi driver not support it?

i tested that patch. wifi 5ghz and 2ghz works well! however i couldn’t get 6ghz working. Do they work for you? thanks

I’m not sure, but may be this helps you?:

Using the Bpi MTK image, all the bands work well, but im trying to use the newer openwrt with graphine + frank-w 's patches.

Despite the absence of a board, wlan’s are visible in openwrt from wiki, but not visible in openwrt-snapshot and openwrt-graphine27. BE14 is not supported by modern Linux?

make error:

And so on for all URLs. But somewhere there is mt76-2024.08.16~437ec1b9.tar.zst

I updated the branch, should build but wireless still not visible.

How is everyone cooling their Wi-Fi NIC? Did you just put small heatsinks on each of the chips?

Or can you also use one big heatsink across all of them? Because the board seems to have four holes placed in a special manner in addition to the screw holes that lock the board on the R4.