Banana pi BPI-M2+ (M2 plus) quad core singel-board computer

Banana PI BPI-M2+ is the open source hardware platform,Banana PI BPI-M2+ is an quad core version of Banana Pi,it support WIFI on board. use Alliwnner H3 chip on board. and mini size only 65mm*5mm

A%20BPI-M2%20

BPI-M2+ series run Android,Debian linux,Ubuntu linux, Raspberry Pi image and others image. Banana PI PBI-M2 hardware: 1Ghz ARM7 quad-core processor, 1GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8G eMMC flash on board,and SDIO wifi module on board.+

Banana PI BPI-M2+ with Gigabit ethernet port, It can run with Android 4.4 smoothly. it can easily run with the game it support 1080P high definition video output and 4K support, the GPIO compatible with Raspberry Pi B+ and can support raspbian Image Note: Banana Pi BPI-M2+ not support sata port, so you need use USB for hardisk

hardware interface:

Note:

For cost down version ,we may remove 8G eMMC and on board wifi module. so ,everyone can free DIY on this board.

more message,please see our wiki documtnets:

http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M2%2B

allwinner H2+ chip ,H3 chip and H5 chip is PIN to PIN compatibility, so BPI-M2+ just replace H2+ ,H5 chip onboard, easy to DIY and do a new product

new case :

Banana Pi BPI-M2+ have CE, FCC ,RoHS Certificate, you can use it directly to make products. BPI:4.0 also support OEM&ODM

You may remove components and call this a ‘plus’ version? And you also removed the USB hub and 2 ports? On the ‘plus’?

When do you stop lying? You never produced open source hardware since you don’t publish the necessary material (it took you 1.5 years to even publish schematic for the router board!).

In case you want to learn what you would’ve to do please read from here on: https://olimex.wordpress.com/2016/01/13/open-source-hardware-oshw-why-it-matters-and-what-is-pseudo-oshw/

In the meantime please stop spreading lies and refrain from using the term ‘open source hardware’!

we now have open all hardware design, sorry for delay open R1 SCH for some reason.

all about our new hardware ,we will open SCH when our product on marking. sorry again.

Where? Where are the CAD sources? Releasing schematics is a must but you have even problems with that! But only releasing schematic does not entitle you to use the term ‘Open Source Hardware’. You’re a liar. But unfortunately this applies to most of Chinese vendors. You all talk about ‘Open Source Hardware’ and none of you meets the requirements (the only exception being Radxa)

Unless you release schematics early and PCB, Gerber, BOM files when ready you’re just a liar when using the term ‘Open Source Hardware’. You don’t meet the requirements so please stop telling people lies!

In my opinion rants like Dragan’s do nothing to further the argument. If you don’t believe the hardware is open source and you can’t use it without the full suite of CAD files then just don’t buy it, there are plenty more boards out there; calling people liars on the internet is pretty impolite unless you have a vested interest like an association with a competitor or have been wronged personally and you can’t have been in this case since the boards have not been released yet!. Why do you want the full suite of CAD files anyway? Maybe to take advantage of someone elses’ hard work without paying for it or doing it yourself. Schematics are OK form most people especially if they are in their native (not PDF) format

I just want to ask “When are boards likely to become available and what is the price point likely to be for the one with 8G eMMC?” It is more important to get my hands on one early and see how they perform in the real world - thermal issues, performance, tightly integrated OS etc. so I can decide how useful the product is to me

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/03/02/banana-bpi-m2-plus-allwinner-h3-development-board/ http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/724-quick-review-of-orange-pi-one/?p=6441

Regarding ‘hard work’ they took Boris Lovosevic’s kernel (quite ok since that’s what Open Source is for) and copied all the other stuff from Xunlong as they did already in the past.

So everything you ask for is already known (since they really just used just loboris’ kernel without adjusting sunxi-cpufreq.c the M2+ will be the H3 device running slower than every other while producing more heat – the usual ‘Sinovoip experience’).

In case you need GbE this board might be interesting for you if it’s not overprized as usual otherwise better choose the upcoming Orange Pi PC Plus. But if you’re happy being fooled by a vendor that claims to do Open Source Hardware but clearly doesn’t then maybe better choose the next incompatible Banana from here.

Hi Dragan

I don’t want to get into a debate about this. I am aware of the work done by loboris - in fact I am trying out a couple of his distro’s on the three Orange Pi One’s I have and if I decide to use one of them I’ll donate. I am also familiar with all the work done by Xunlong and Tkaiser especially regarding heat issues related to a H3 that’s why I made comment in my post. My point about “hard work” was regarding the hardware which I assume they have spent time designing even if they got the schematics from someone else i.e they weren’t give all the CAD files (or maybe they were but I don’t know). Don’t get me wrong I am not Sinviop’s greatest fan either and I have a couple of dud Banana Pi’s from the early days and I know the support is not in the same league as with the Raspberry Pi community but I spend a lot of time looking at “usability” before deciding which board to go with. The M2+ looks interesting because of its form factor and the fact that it has eMMC on board; but if it’s too expensive or overheats to the point where I have no confidence in it I too won’t buy it. I can get a LeMaker Guitar and produce my own base board from the schematics they supply.

There’s no need for a debate. SinoVoip advertises their boards as being Open Source Hardware which is a lie. Either they provide the necessary material and follow the OSHW rules or they stop lying. It’s that easy but unfortunately the problem does not only apply to Sinovoip but to most of the Chinese hardware vendors: Using the term ‘Open Source Hardware’ all the time to fool their customers.

And before you waste your time with loboris OS images (no udates since Nov 2015) you should keep in mind that all H3 boards are supported by Armbian which uses far better settings than loboris (or Sinovoip now). Just check the links. BTW: if you fear overheating choosing LeMaker’s Guitar instead is a joke, isn’t it?

allwinner H2+ chip ,H3 chip and H5 chip is PIN to PIN compatibility, so BPI-M2+ just replace H2+ ,H5 chip onboard, easy to DIY and do a new product