Banana PI 3 can't install OPENWRT. I ask for help

Hello everyone, two days ago I received my Banana Pi BPI R3, after a long wait. There was no system pre-installed on it initially. I recorded an OpenWRT image (sdcard.img) on microSD (64GB, fast, working) (SNAPSHOT and tried 23.05.4). I recorded both from Windows via Win32DiskImager and via macOS Belena Etcher. Installed the memory card in Banana, all switches are in the ON position (up,up,up,up) Connected the USB UART (CH340G) (gnd==gnd, rx== tx. tx== rx) . connected LAN for file transfer via Tftpd64 (initramfs-recovery, quashfs-sysupgrade). I log into the MobaXterm program and connect via SERIAL 115200. In the menu, select item 5. “Load production system via TFTP then to SD card”. next is item 6 “Load recovery system via TFTP then to SD card”. The program downloads these files from the computer to the sd card, I reboot BANANA, it turns on, after which the lines run for 2-3 minutes, everything comes to the lines of OPENWRT wireless freedom. next, I am advised to set a password for security.After you reboot yourself Next, according to the instructions, you need to select item 8 “Install the bootloader. restoration and production in nand”. This window appears. Then I turn off the power, take out the memory card and switch to NAND mode (up.down.up.down) and see this inscription. That’s all. I have suffered for two days and cannot solve the problem. I ask for help. At the same time, I can never connect to the SSH I know that similar topics have been created before me, I reread everything and it didn’t help. I’m new to banana pi and don’t know English well. I use a translator. Sorry for the mistakes.

Seems your nand contains vendor image (bl2 build time,nmbm). So flash from sdcard was not succcessful. Imho tftp is only needed for recovery if the main system is broken.

If you bootup from sdcard you should have a nand install option in bootmenu.

Strangely, I thought about it and tried to boot from nand when I bought it, there was no result. I’m sorry, but could you describe the procedure for me? as I said, you do not need to drop files on ftpfd because I do not have a system restore… I would like to get into the ssh and put a web interface… you say boot from a memory card, (as far as I know, these are all switches up) but it loads into the loop, if I press the “down” button, a menu appears and there is a “red item 8”, but after clicking openwrt is not copied to the nand (second screenshot)

I guess you broke image on your sdcard with the choice you talked about…flash it new with snapshot/stable and boot from it first

1 flashed the official snapshot memory card. 2 All switches are up. 3 launch. if nothing is pressed, the banana falls into a loop where it swears at the lack of a core. ( 1 screenshot ) 4 I clicked copy to NAND. 5 Switches (up.down.up.down) took out the memory card and started it. the same error (2 screenshots)

please help me set it up…

Could you try another sdcard? That boot from sd is not working is strange. As i do not use openwrt i cannot help much more here in detail

updating the theme, I noticed that basically only the blue indicator is lit, if I upload the recovery files by ftpt, then the green one starts blinking, again the attempt to copy to nand fails.(let me remind you that if you do not upload files for recovery, it cyclically outputs that the kernel has not been found) I already have thoughts that a marriage has broken out. I’ve been trying to recover for several days now, maybe someone has information that will save me. I am ready to financially thank you for the help, just stop my torture…

SOLVED. update. all this time, a lot of hours were wasted just because of the SD card. expensive Kingston and Samsung cards with high speeds did not work. I restored gpt markup both under macos and linux, nothing helped, I changed the programmer. then I just went and bought a noname 8gb flash drive for $2 and everything worked out in 5 minutes. I hope everyone has luck with the memory card :smiley: