AltLinux for Banana Pi BPI-R2 pro (RK3568)

Starting from version 20220517, support for running the AltLinux system

https://en.altlinux.org/Main_Page

on BPI R2 pro has been added. To start the system. Download the image.

unpack, burn to SD card. Download and burn the bootloader for BPI R2 pro to the SD card.

Important. You need to record the bootloader after recording the system. Connect to the device and turn on the power. The system starts automatically.

ver 20220527 kernel 5.17.11

have you done some tests with mt7531 dsa driver on r2pro? i got only ~100MB with iperf3. maybe you have an idea why this is limited?

my 5.18-main contains phy driver too, but currently i’m unable to test this

no. I haven’t had time to check the speed yet. maybe I can do it this weekend.

New image rernel 5.18.9

1 Like

is it still actual? I got ~940 with dsa on a recent 5.18

Afair yes, have you checked both directions? Imho it was only switch to gmac

And use lan-ports…wan is not over switch

Yep, both rx and tx, for a single port + through traffic for 2 Lan ports(just in case)

Strange…which exact kernel? Can you show ethtool for eth1 (lan) and lanX for options and -S for stats?

Ver image kernel 5.19.10 use the bootloader version with the EFI extension in the name for recording.

Hi, can you share source code for 5.19.10 kernel with patches to support Banana Pi R2 Pro?

source code

http://git.altlinux.org/gears/k/kernel-image-un-def.git

patches

Hello. Can you provide more info, or scripts, how you generated u-boot-banana-pi-r2-pro.img?

Altlinux uses a ready-made version from Armbian (the Armbian build system has everything need to properly build u-boot from source code). But you can do without using u-boot, it is enough to update u-boot in eMMC once (for example, run Armbian\Libreelec\Altlinux from an SD card and install on eMMC). After that, you will be able to start any system not only from an SD card, but also from USB media.

1 Like

Ver image kernel 6.0.7

New image 20221229 and new version bootloader 20221230