3D designed case for R2

Like already replied, the case can support two HDD (one at the bottom of the case and another one at the top). You can adjust/remove the ventilation, but you need to learn a bit 3D design. Itā€™s not that hard to do it with onshape website.

Thank you, Iā€™ll just have it printed.

Any problems with fitting (that should be changed)? Iā€™m about to print itā€¦waiting for a friend that has access to a 3d printer

Very nice! I bought an R1 case because I remembered reading somebody from BPI say that the R2 is the same dimensions as the R1.

After drilling some new holes and and sawing some new slots - they were correct :joy:

Donā€™t have a 3D printer myself. Still waiting for the print from a friend of mine. Canā€™t gaurantee everything will be ok.

Nice, but I wonder how to export to stl-files? If I right click on tabs I miss export ā€¦ Could you please upload the files somewhere else for download?

You have to login for exportā€¦

Banana pi BPI-R2 Premium Aluminum Enclosureļ¼Œeasy to DIY your product :slight_smile:

Wow! This is great! Looks amazing :smiley: Good job

1 Like

used 3d-model from @xjianz converted to 2d for laser-cutters and modified it on some points

here are my files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ASMpTAfhj4VEuhv56XMioet9tvht-5SL?usp=sharing

bpir2case3

material is birch plywood, all is 3mm except the front where is 2 parts 1mm & 2mm

3 Likes

Do you have more photos for the case? How is the bottom/top been laser cut?

on the gdrive are some photos of the partsā€¦i look if i have moreā€¦What do you want to see exactly?

Bottom an top are simply cut in 3mm. Nothing special.

The small pieces are glued onto it. I have taped the holes with the parts cut out so that they are closed and can be opened if needed

added 3 more photos to gdrive, hope itā€™s more clear how it was assembled

some small infos:

• under the bpi-R2 you can install no 9.5mm HDD, but a smaller SSD (7.5mm height)
  • i have mounted/glued my case wrong, depending on screwholes for the hdd (must be near the sd-card-block), will correct this in my construction-sheme

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iOo8cNNdOz7Oj0ZhAfNTLlnJVUt2A0zM

Finally, got my 3D designed case printed. The board can be fitted into the case nicely with a ssd mounted at the bottom. There is another ssd mount space on the top cover of the case.

IMG_20180526_220628IMG_20180526_220613IMG_20180526_215749IMG_20180526_220608

6 Likes

Hello, where can i download the files for 3D Print. is not possible for me to download it from Onshape ā€¦?

You need to login for download

ok, it works, Thank you :wink:

Is it still accessible? Can I download?

it is still available, you have to login for download

I see, I should log in to onshape! Thank you Frank!