Sunxi-mmc floods dmesg

Hi all,

I’ve had my BPi-M2U for over a year now. Installed the latest ubuntu mate at the beginning of this year. Recently I have been having problems. Either the M2U wont let me SSH into the device, or it doesnt let me reboot it. I have to power cycle the device to get it to restart. The systemd-journald process runs at 100% cpu, and floods dmesg with: sunxi-mmc sdc0: Has wait r1 rdy c23368 i1. I’ve read M2U stuck Post but I am using a newer kernel. uname -a Linux bpi-iot-ros-ai 3.10.107-BPI-M2U-Kernel #1 SMP Thu Aug 24 08:01:24 CST 2017 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Does anyone know if this problem is fixed in kernel version 3.10.108? I disabled and masked the journald service but that is not really a solution…

Hello, Did you mean you could not use ssh to enter the M2U, and could not reboot M2U in ssh mode? Could you please give me more detail about this problem?

the systemd-journald.service runs at 100% cpu and the m2u runs really slow or not at all. dmesg is flooded with those messages, cant reboot, cant ssh into the device, you have to power cycle.

what image do you use?

what did you do cause 100% cpu rate?

the systemd-journald process uses 100% cpu, when I look at “dmesg -w” I can see numerous messages like “sunxi-mmc sdc0: Has wait r1 rdy c23368” every second. (on a side note this was once or twice i could still ssh into the device)

I use: Linux bpi-iot-ros-ai 3.10.107-BPI-M2U-Kernel #1 SMP Thu Aug 24 08:01:24 CST 2017 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux