The R1 in the current stage needs 2 minor changes for major improvement
- Power inlet - change to barrel jack 4,0 x 1,7mm
- a small change on the PCB layout and BoM (bill of material)
- add a resistor - to disable frame forwarding by the switch in the unconfigured/booted state !
- a small change in the BoM - R1308 with a 2k2 ohm resister
et voila you have nice working Switch with SATA.
and 1 bigger improvement for WLAN.
- the currenty WLAN module RTL8192 is not worth the silicon. Replace it with: MT5572 wifi-modul
If at least two of the three changes would be done by @noralee & @lionwang they would have two different Routers to sell - and one with the well supported Allwinner A20.
Well, compare the supported functions of R2 with this table for the A20: