BPI-R2 new Image ：2017-09-04-ubuntu-16.04-mate-desktop-bpi-r2-sd-emmc-v1.2.0.img.zip
WIFI working fine and boot from eMMC flash.
V1.2 Release notes
About this release
This release is for banana pi R2 board which is based on MTK7623N, and it just includes Ubuntu image which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Mate Desktop with Linux kernel 4.4.70, we can get the Linux kernel 4.4.70 from the link https://github.com/BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-R2-bsp.
The file system is based on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS Mate Desktop, the default user name/password are pi/bananapi , root/bananapi.
What's new in this release
1) Support HDMI audio
2) Support onboard WIFI module(MT6625)， The wifi interface is enabled by default in latest image which is released by banana-pi please use command "echo 0>/dev/wmtWifi" to turn it off and use the command "echo 1>/dev/wmtWifi" to enable it.
3) Enable EMMC
4) Change the DDR frequency from 1.3GHZ to 1.6GHZ
5) Both PWM4 and PWM5 work
6) Add the utility iperf to this image
1) BT isn't supported
2) MIPI interface doesn't work
3) Sometimes Linux kernel 4.4.70 can't boot successfully
4) Somtimes HDMI doesn't work fine
5) AP mode isn't supported yet
Google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_YnvHgh2rwjNUFiY0F2aURxY00/view?usp=sharing
Baidu drive: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1jH4pl5c
boot.log (66.7 KB)
The boot log is attached, FYI
Thank you! Great work!
Does this mean AP mode will be supported in future?
We see there is a code to support AP function, but looks like it doesn't work so far, we will try to support this feature if the code provided by vendor is good to support AP.