BPI-M4/BPI-W2 Demo Image Release : Raspbian 9.8 stretch & AArch64 Linux Mate & AArch64 Linux Lite 2019-06-19

BPI-M4/BPI-W2 Demo Image Release : Raspbian 9.8 stretch & AArch64 Linux Mate & AArch Linux Lite 2019-06-19

AArch Linux Lite

Raspbian 9.8

1.About this release

• This release is for banana pi M4 & W2 board, and it is based on Raspbian 9.8 & AArch64 Linux Mate & AArch Linux Lite Operation system with kernel 4.9.119.

2.Raspbian 9.8 stretch

3.AArch64 Linux Mate

4.AArch64 Linux Lite

5.FAQ

• Issue: if HDMI doesn’t display, please try “ctrl + alt + F1” to change terminal then “ctrl + alt + F7” change to desktop display.

• SW2: switch to 0,if insert SD, SD start;if doesn’t insert SD,EMMC start.

• Startup Log:

1 Like
  • Issue: if HDMI doesn’t display, please try “ctrl + alt + F1” to change terminal then “ctrl + alt + F7” change to desktop display.
  • SW2: switch to 0,if insert SD, SD start;if doesn’t insert SD,EMMC start.

I flashed raspbian 9.8. boot from sd card. HDMI monitor is black keyboard not recognized. I cant try ctrl + alt + F1. I have edited config.txt with no resilts. My board not recognized monitor and keyboard. only mouse is lightning

never mind - sd-card was invalid

why raspbian has only 680MB Free? I set up 64MB RAM in settings.txt but it helps nothing. Where should i set up gpu memory

Hello,

I’m trying to make my bpi M4 working, but i have the black screen problem.

• My SD card is 32g class 10,
  • My BPI is v1.0,
  • I tried every linux version (arch, arch lite, raspian, ubuntu…)

My steps :

• I install the OS on the SD card from my laptop (debian 10) using the recommended bpi-tools
  • Then I disconnect it , and plug in to the BPI board, SW switch to 0 (SD boot), a usb keyboard, and a mouse
  • then I plug my power supply to the board (tried from my laptop usb port and my phone power-supply witch output 5V 3amp)

the results :

• the two leds light on (activity and power), then the green one (act) start blinking like heartbeat, and the screen is detected and set black.
  • after that, nothing else happen.

the board seems to react to keystrokes : Ctrl+Alt+Suppr seems to make the board to reboot, the recommended Alt-F1 then Alt-F7 make the green led off, but not at first attempt.

Have any ideas?

It seems 2019-* images lightdm start fail, you can restart the lightdm service

$ sudo systemctl restart lightdm 

or try the latest ubuntu mate and raspbian stretch image. http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M4#Linux_Images

Will there be any updates of this OS for the M4. Your BPI-M4 was released in 2019 and last OS update was in 2020.

The 4.9 kernel is quite old.

And very little actual compatibility with p4 hats.

If this common for Banana Pi?

Should we expect all your products to only have a 2 year maximum OS update?