BPi-M3 new image: 2018-01-15-ubuntu-16.04-server-v1.0-bpi-m3mst-sd-emmc

Hello,please try images here, it supports sata.

BananaPi BPI-M3 New Image (New Emmc) Ubuntu16.04 & Debian9 Release 2018-07-18

I’m in trouble about Segmentation fault on using many cores.
For example, building with make -j 4. Using many cores often raise Segmentation fault.
Single core working don’t raise any problems.
Do you know the probrem?

Hello,I tried this image and did a test, my board support multicore

could you show me the debug console terminal log?

or did you change kernel smp configuration?

“CONFIG_SMP=y”

or something wrong in your compiled project.

Thank you for comment.
I check SMP flag enabled.
Debug console terminal log? Are you saying about three pin headers neer uboot button? I need to find USB to Serial port…

I use leveldb for test compile.

$ wget https://github.com/google/leveldb/archive/v1.20.tar.gz
$ zcat v1.20.tar.gz | tar xf -
$ cd leveldb-1.20
$ make -j 4

I often encountered Segmentation fault but can continue compile and complete. Addtion to that, I find that single core working raise rarely raise the error. After I strengthen power supply voltage, I feel improvement of the error.
May be power supply is the matter. Do M3 users use good power supply and heatshink?

if you use “make”, you don’t need to think about dependency relationships, because everything will be compiled step by step.

But if you use “make -j x” that means you use multiple threads(x = 4, you will use 4 threads to compile project) ,so you need to make sure the dependency relationships in your project Makefile are clear. if not, you probably will meet errors.

Thank you for comment.
I checked three times for dependencies for each RasberryPi 3B+ and OrangePi PC2, make check completed. I don’t have Cortex-A7 PC boards, so use instead Cortex-A53.
I clockdown to 480MHz(no boost), but sometimes Segfault occured. I set a large heatshink and a FAN. Core temp don’t over 45C. I check voltage(5.0~5.5v) by tester.
what’s make unstable?
I hear overheating cause Segfault, but I cooled Cores and set low frequency. :disappointed_relieved:

Asked BananPi-M3 seller and find error on curl.
curl: relocation error: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: symbol pthread_rwlock_r lock, version GLIBC_2.4 not defined in file libpthread.so.0 with link time reference
Do you know the error? Is curl version too new?

This error will be fixed by apt-get --reinstall install curl and restart.