BananaPI-W2 Ubuntu 18.04 New Image Release 2018-09-17

Banana Pi BPI-W2 New Image Release: Ubuntu 18.04 Demo

1.About this release

• This release is for banana pi W2 board which is based on realtek RTD1296, and it is based on Ubuntu 18.04 operation system with kernel 4.9.119.

2.Supported Features & limitations

3.Image link:

4.FAQ:

1 Like

great job thanks!

hope open the source on github.

thanks.

My cpu won’t let me update the drivers. It says the drivers are up to date and the w2 displays as Realtek Kylin 32-bit OTT. The usb mp tool won’t recognize my w2

I run image from SD card. After login via putty i get errors

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS bpi-iot-ros-ai ttyS0

bpi-iot-ros-ai login: root
Password:
/usr/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-motd: 39: /usr/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-motd: cannot create /var/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-available: Read-only file system
mktemp: failed to create file via template '/var/lib/update-notifier/tmp.XXXXXXXXXX': Read-only file system
run-parts: /etc/update-motd.d/95-hwe-eol exited with return code 1
/usr/lib/update-notifier/update-motd-fsck-at-reboot: 33: /usr/lib/update-notifier/update-motd-fsck-at-reboot: cannot create /var/lib/update-notifier/fsck-at-reboot: Read-only file system
ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-available: Read-only file systemvar/lib/u
-bash: /usr/lib/ubuntu-release-upgrader/release-upgrade-motd:: No such file or directory
root@bpi-iot-ros-ai:~#

file system is read only. and no HDMI output. How can i fix it?

Hello, when you update the usb driver , you can choose the item that install the driver by yourself, then you could search the usb driver files on your computer by yourself, and do not use computer to automatically search.

I have done just that but it won’t load the new drivers. It’s like it doesn’t recognize any drivers in the downloads at all

Could you please try to burn image again in another sd card to compare it?

Second time it started. But only with HDMI and all usb devices disconnected(mouse and keyboard). after reboot no more HDMI output

may I know the pi password? I tried “bananapi” but failed

Hello, your could use : root, bananapi

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, Please show me the log

could you please show me the log?

[ OK ] Reached target Login Prompts. [AO][_AO_if_video_HDMI_mode]HDMI not enabled [FAILED] Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine. See ‘systemctl status docker.service’ for details. [ OK ] Stopped Docker Application Container Engine. [ OK ] Closed Docker Socket for the API. Stopping Docker Socket for the API. Starting Docker Socket for the API. [ OK ] Listening on Docker Socket for the API. Starting Docker Application Container Engine… [AVCPU] Set Debug level flag 0x8fc67f9c *flag 0x01532d28 ucache 0xa1532d28 [AVCPU] Set Debug level *ptrDebugFlag 0x00000000 [FAILED] Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine. See ‘systemctl status docker.service’ for details. [ OK ] Created slice User Slice of pi. [ OK ] Stopped Docker Application Container Engine. [ OK ] Closed Docker Socket for the API. Stopping Docker Socket for the API. Starting Docker Socket for the API. [ OK ] Listening on Docker Socket for the API. Starting User Manager for UID 1000… Starting Docker Application Container Engine… [ OK ] Started Session c1 of user pi. [FAILED] Failed to start Docker Application Container Engine. See ‘systemctl status docker.service’ for details.

Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS bpi-iot-ros-ai ttyS0

bpi-iot-ros-ai login: root

Same log. Im currently far from the board. al the time see [_AO_if_video_HDMI_mode]HDMI not enabled [FAILED] if hdmi cable is plugged in

Will do, thank you for taking the time to help me with this Jack

I downloaded the kylin file again and retried the process but my computer still isn’t recognizing any drivers for the w2 in those files for some reason

Have you unpacked them from zip?

Yes and then I unpacked the actual drivers for Windows 7

• I have plugged w2 to my laptop via usb-c (w2 powered from laptop via same cable at this point)
  • win 10 device manager said unknown device
  • update driver -> let me pick one manually -> selected folder as seen in screenshots (unzipped win10 drivers in there first, but zipped version was there as well)
  • update went well
  • device manager said ‘realtec generic usb device’ (details said ‘code 45 - device not plugged in now’ or sth like that)

at this point I have continued with SPI flash guide

• started tool - android icon showed up (even when device manager still said code 45 as above …)
  • flashing went well
  • issued command as in guide via uart session
  • rebooted with sw4 on 1
  • saw latest date on SPI rom as in guide

maybe you are looking for issue where there is none…

1 Like