Banana pi BPI-M3 octa-core development board

Banana PI BPI-M3 is the open source hardware platform,Banana PI BPI-M3 is an octa core version of Banana Pi ,Banana PI M3 is the octa core more better than the Banana Pi M2,it support WIFI onboard.

A%20BPI-M3

Banana Pi BPI-M3 series run Android,Debian linux,Ubuntu linux, Raspberry Pi imange and others imange.

Banana PI BPI-M3 hardware: 1Ghz ARM7 octa-core processor, 2GB LPDDR3 SDRAM, add 8G eMMC flash on board

Banana Pi BPI-M3 hardware

Banana PI with Gigabit ethernet port, It can run with Android 5.1.1 smoothly. The size of Banana PI BPI-M3 same as banana pi M1, it can easily run with the game it support 1080P high definition video output, the GPIO compatible with Raspberry Pi B+ and can run the ROM Image

Eight-core CPU Allwinner A83T (Higher Performance than Raspberry pi 2) 40 PIN compatible Rapberry Pi 2 generations RAM: 2G LPDDR3 Storage : Onboard 8G eMMC flash. SDIO interfaces on-board wireless WIFI&Bluetooth BT4.0 Provides CSI,DSI,Audio,2USB ,1OTG interfaces Support TF card Fiexible(External) WIFI&BT antenna Connection or on-board antenna Support SATA port

hardware spec (default : Micro USB power support):

hardware spec (Option : DC power support):

function spec:

The Banana Pi BPI-M3 is SinoVoip latest single board computer equipped with an Octa Core processor using the A83T TSMC 28nm chip,based on eight ARM Cortex-A7 CPU core operating at high frequency up to 2.0GHZ.Board hardware specs include 2G DDR3 memory operating frequency up to 800Mhz capable of smooth playback at 1901200HD resoltion.Following the A31/A31s design A83T has a PowerVR SG544 GPU runs at frequencies up to around 700MHZ with high image processing performance ensuring the ultimate gaming experience and fluency.

In Multimedia processing,A83T can play 1080P@60fbs including 1080P@20fps videos with H.265 codec support,More than sufficient to meet the needs of end-users daily audio-visiual entertainment.

A83T built ISP image signal processor can support 8MP camera interface and also integrates a full-color display Lai Chip technology that enhances image display quality,not only for the end-users,it brings a more vivid visual experience,while optimizing degree in pastel colors and enhance the end-user,even minimizing eyesight damages especially to children.

Integrated full hardware security system is another major feature of the A83T supports DRM solutions which include high-grade Widevine Level1. HDCP 2.* for Miracast support secure boot \secure storage capabilities to ensure the security system and data.In the power saving area 28nm advanced technology uses high energy-effieient.Cortex-A7 architecture,Performance and power consumption is very balanced in the PoweVR 5 GPU series due to software optimization.

more documents ,please read online wiki page:

http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-M3

allwinner A83T chip ,R58 and H8 chip is PIN to PIN compatibility, so BPI-M3 just replace R58,H8 chip onboard, easy to DIY and do a new product

Unboxing Banana Pi M3 !!!

very cool . bpi have a new forum

Can you send me a sample? Awesome board. I am from China. I will use it for entertainment ARM PC. Will I be lucky enough to have this board?

please asked sample at this link:

Dear BPi,

When will the M3 on sale, what will it cost?

Thank You. Jiri

about 2015-11-15 ,we will in stock. will sale it 69 USD , 2G LPDDR3 and A83T cost,now is high.

Some reasons to return the M3 to the shop:

1. BPI-Android does not support Google Play Services (needed for Chromecast)
  2. BPI-Linux does not support HW-gfx; can’t even run Minecraft
  3. No good documentation what so ever
  4. No SW-updates
  5. Expensive

So… give me a single good reason to keep it…

Everything comes down to community and support, if you are looking for specific features then you may have to compile Android or linux yourself and be a part of the community and I don’t think the M3 is that expensive, it’s a octa-core CPU and 2 GB DDR3 memory =)

Since there will never be HW support for the PowerVR in *nix; and I am not building a robot - why bother…

The value of this card is limited to it’s ability to run Android! So… can you point me to the BPI-M3 Android SDK soure code?<

BTW: The Git resp. of the SDK for Banana Pro/Pi has gotten a DMCA takedown notice; this banana got a fishy smell…

You just started, a greenhorn ? Well, you can always hope, but if you want to understand fast, read this….

@nakiel, you are so right :+1:

Does the Debian Jessie image at http://www.banana-pi.org/m3-download.html (Beta GPU / YouTube Support) not support the GPU? The Readme says: support GPU PowerVR SGX544MP (glmark2-es2).

Hi,

To get a feeling what you bought … spend 30min on reading - because this will save you hours. start here 10min : http://sunxi.org/Sinovoip_Banana_Pi_M3

I don’t know whether it works or not, but this one: Mate Image seems to be their newest. I would first try with this.

If you stil face troubles,try this 20min

1. http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/474-quick-review-of-banana-pi-m3/
  2. http://forum.armbian.com/index.php/topic/1220-bpim3-fresh-stuff/

BPI-M3 ,have support GPU&1080P on 3.4 kernel .

1 Like

Hello,

I would like to test the functionality & reliability of the board for open source firewall which equipped with open source firewall e.g. Pfsense and if successful i will promote to small business company for your their firewall system.

Also, I’m interested to develop automation in agriculture sector e.g. irrigation system.

Hope that you can support me. Thank you.

Where can I get the android 5.1 source code of M3 board…? let me know Thanks.

Banana Pi M3: A quick look

QUESTION: I purchased an AC adapter for my bpi-m64, and bpi-m3 (couldn’t decide which one i wanted, so i bought both).

The adapter i bought says it’s output is 5VDC 3000ma.

When i MEASURE the output with a digital multimeter, i see 5.38VDC.

Is that voltage too high? Will it cause any harm? OR is it ok to use this kind of adapter?

it should work… as long it is givin atleast 2 amp.

its not so good : even more downsides are

1. low support and compatibilty. and 32 bit octa