Any small 2.5" - 3.5" RGB LCD display for BPI-M64 (MIPI DSI / SPI)?

Hi,

I just got me a BPI-M64 and was wondering if anyone know of a small (e.g. 320x240 / 480x320) RGB LCD that is preferable either working via a flexible flat cable connected to the MIPI DSI connector or via SPI? Or does someone know which driver/chip for such a screen is known to be working or available somewhere?

I know of the Winstar LCD 320x240, however that comes in form of a HAT which limits the possibility to put the screen on a different place. I also read about the 7" HDMI touch screen which is however way to big for my use case and I do not need necessarily a touch screen, not to mention that I would like to keep the HDMI free.

Further I don’t mind the OS even though I prefer Debian, Ubuntu or Raspbian, nor am I afraid of a bit of kernel hacking

https://www.armbian.com/bananapi-m64/ On the protocol level: armbian-config -> system -> hardware [ enable SPI I2C … or whatever you need ]. From there, you are on your own … you can find many use cases on forum.

1 Like

Hi, I did get my BPI-M64 up and running with the 4.4 Debian image

pi@bpi-iot-ros-ai:~$ uname -a
Linux bpi-iot-ros-ai 4.4.89-BPI-M64-Kernel #8 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 1 15:46:06 CST 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux
pi@bpi-iot-ros-ai:~$ cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 9 \n \l

but this version was not build with the armbian-config.

So I tried to download and use the Armbian Buster M64 from your link, but I seem to get kernel panics when booting from the SC-Card. Have to see how to get around those…

Strange. Its working fine for me … but I agree there are still some troubles with A64 and modern kernel which is the only one with armbian and simple manipulation via armbian-config. This will not work with stock kernel. Here you don’t have this kind of luxury.