WED and beamforming on BPI-R3

Guess you are not using 802.11r fast transition :wink:

Iā€™m still trying to see if we can use wed and bridge, since I really like using 802.11r. It is the first reason I changed to using bananapi routers in the first place. (mwlwifi did not support it at that time and development had halted.)

Not yetā€¦i try to get wed working first without bridges :slight_smile: (except the lanbr0) and leaving wlan0/1 as independ interfaces for nowā€¦but need to check if flow offload also works when lanports bridgedā€¦and the if the pppoe offload also works.

Setting up a basic system for replacing my r2 in near futureā€¦

But i guess with the option you found we can also use acceleration within bridges.

@frank-w Were you able to get the WED working?

@dangowrt any idea why it complains about operation not supported in my case? WED and beamforming on BPI-R3 - #117 by ghostbuster91

Not yet,i contacted lorenzo to get a hint how to get it working with mainline linux

1 Like

lorenzo pointed me to this commit i applied on top of my 6.5-main tree:

e2486c27c56f (HEAD ā†’ 6.5-main, origin/6.5-main) wifi: mt76: mt7915 add tc offloading support

after this is added, the nftables rules with wlan0/1 can be applied and i have the debugfs entry (but still empty)ā€¦need to complete my wifi-setup for further testing

cat /sys/kernel/debug/ppe0/bind

edit: had to fix some bugs in my setup and now traffic itself works, but debugfs is still emptyā€¦i see packets increasing on the forwarding-rule for offload, but nothing shown in ā€œppe0-bindā€

ct state established flow add @f counter packets 1206 bytes 318372

my current nftables:

note: wireless-next (maybe 6.6-rcX) seems to have broken firmware-load and renamed wmac driver (CONFIG_MT7986_WMAC => CONFIG_MT798X_WMAC)

firmware-load is fixed with this: try to fix wed firmware issue #2 Ā· frank-w/BPI-Router-Linux@9a5789f Ā· GitHub

but it looks like ppe does not kick in for wifi-devicesā€¦

I assume that nothing has changed since your last message. Do you know if there is any upstream issue for this that we could track?

No nothing changedā€¦made some debug with lorenzo but he was busy in last time and he had the mmc-issue in uboot multiple timesā€¦openwrt was working but not vanilla kernel