SOLVED [BPI-R3] Openwrt snapshot image builder no MTK or Wireless in LuCI

Hello, I’ve build the snapshot, but there is no option for wireless or “MTK” on LuCI. And I didn’t found mt7975 on openwrt repository. How to install the wifi interface on snapshot

I’m using this command:

make image PROFILE="bananapi_bpi-r3" \
PACKAGES="luci luci-ssl \
mkf2fs e2fsprogs blkid blockdev losetup kmod-fs-ext4 kmod-mmc kmod-fs-f2fs kmod-fs-vfat kmod-nls-cp437 kmod-nls-iso8859-1 \
kmod-hwmon-pwmfan kmod-i2c-gpio kmod-sfp kmod-usb3 f2fsck" \
FILES="files"
1 Like

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=SNAPSHOT&target=mediatek%2Ffilogic&id=bananapi_bpi-r3

maybe it’s better to create an image here? or you are striving to increase the level of knowledge in Linux.

You need kmod-mt7915e and kmod-mt7986-firmware for WiFi to work. They should be included by default actually, so I wonder why it doesn’t work for you.

Well, I’ve rebuild the image using firmware selector which gentenaar suggest, but stll the wifi interface still didn’t work neither in LuCI nor CLI even though the software installed

Thank you lot for saving my time for tinkering the software. I never knew there is firmware-selector which makes image build more easier

try to compile with my package list, wifi works on my router. paste the list of packages without quotes

"base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear e2fsprogs eip197-mini-firmware f2fsck firewall4 fstools fwtool getrandom hostapd-common iperf3 iw iwinfo jansson jshn jsonfilter kernel kmod-cfg80211 kmod-crypto-acompress kmod-crypto-aead kmod-crypto-authenc kmod-crypto-ccm kmod-crypto-cmac kmod-crypto-crc32c kmod-crypto-ctr kmod-crypto-des kmod-crypto-gcm kmod-crypto-gf128 kmod-crypto-ghash kmod-crypto-hash kmod-crypto-hmac kmod-crypto-hw-safexcel kmod-crypto-manager kmod-crypto-md5 kmod-crypto-null kmod-crypto-rng kmod-crypto-seqiv kmod-crypto-sha1 kmod-crypto-sha256 kmod-crypto-sha512 kmod-gpio-button-hotplug kmod-hwmon-core kmod-hwmon-pwmfan kmod-i2c-gpio kmod-leds-gpio kmod-lib-crc-ccitt kmod-lib-crc32c kmod-lib-lzo kmod-mt76-connac kmod-mt7615-common kmod-mt7915e kmod-mt7986-firmware kmod-nf-conntrack kmod-nf-conntrack6 kmod-nf-flow kmod-nf-log kmod-nf-log6 kmod-nf-nat kmod-nf-reject kmod-nf-reject6 kmod-nfnetlink kmod-nft-core kmod-nft-fib kmod-nft-nat kmod-nft-offload kmod-ppp kmod-pppoe kmod-pppox kmod-sfp kmod-slhc kmod-thermal kmod-usb3 libblobmsg-json libc libiwinfo libiwinfo-data libjson-c libjson-script libmnl libnftnl libnl-tiny libubox libubus libuci libuclient libucode libustream-wolfssl libwolfssl logd luci luci-app-openvpn mkf2fs mtd netifd nftables-json odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only openvpn-openssl openwrt-keyring opkg ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail ubi-utils uboot-envtools ubox ubus ubusd uci uclient-fetch ucode ucode-mod-fs ucode-mod-ubus ucode-mod-uci urandom-seed urngd usign wireless-regdb wpad-mesh-openssl"

Thanks for the solution now my wifi is working after waiting for a while. I think the culprit is the USB serial debug which is disabling the wifi function after read https://github.com/openwrt/mt76/issues/702

Which kind of serial adapter do you use?

Problems with profilic Adapters are known,all others (cp210x,ch340,ftx) should work.