Request support to use frank system Banana BPI-R4

If you can add the packages … I can test them on my system to see if its working or not…

Same time I can give you a full access to my system PC to control and to see … To reach to our goal …

These my packages are installed on OpenWrt system I used these packages to get network mostly throgh modemmanager package wheich is available on your system but system can detect the modem

modemmanager mbim-utils qmi-utils uqmi libmbim libqmi libqrtr-glib kmod-mhi-net kmod-mhi-wwan-ctrl kmod-usb-serial-wwan kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan usb-modeswitch kmod-usb-acm kmod-usb-net-rndis avrdude kmod-usb-dwc3 kmod-usb-cdns3 socat htop kmod-mhi-wwan-mbim luci-proto-qmi kmod-usb-serial-qualcomm luci-proto-mbim kmod-usb-serial-option umbim usbutils kmod-mtk-t7xx git git-http bash kmod-usb-core kmod-usb-net-cdc-eem pciutils

Only openwrt packs the kernel modules in packages…normal linux does not have this…i’m not sire if it works when i compile the module and only give you the ko files…but i can add the options and give you the full kernel package (tar.gz) to unpack in current debian image.

Which kernel do you use? 6.9-main?

• kmod-mhi-net
  • kmod-mhi-wwan-ctrl
  • kmod-usb-serial-wwan
  • kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan
  • kmod-usb-acm
  • kmod-usb-net-rndis
  • kmod-usb-dwc3 //really needed?
  • kmod-usb-cdns3 //really needed??
  • kmod-mhi-wwan-mbim
  • kmod-usb-serial-qualcomm
  • kmod-usb-serial-option
  • kmod-mtk-t7xx
  • kmod-usb-core //should already be builtin my kernel
  • kmod-usb-net-cdc-eem

Are the mhi packages, the mtk t7xx and the dwc3 driver really needed?

edit: uploaded kernel package here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12u0af8eUu-ATqse4-Qg5cTYfe2XXtwQu?usp=drive_link

backup your existing bpi-r4.itb on root-partition and unpack the new from the tar-file from BPI_BOOT folder

then unpack the content from BPI_ROOT/lib/modules to same /lib/modules on your rootfs (partition 6)

1 Like

On OpenWRT use Kernel 6.6.44

dwc3 mostly not required

Dear @Frank How I can upload these packages on your system ?

On OpenWRT there is option under system to upload any package the packages … I don’t have experience with your system

I appreciate your guidance

Just replace the files i mention above with the files from the tar file

Files from folder BPI_BOOT go to bpi-boot partition (p5) and files /folders from BPI_ROOT go to rootfs (p6)

I appreciate your acceptance on private msg …

please note in first post that adding the nat table/rule only works when having the other chains (input,output,forwarding) present…or just use the rules from my images repo