[R2 pro] - Ethernet-switch

@sinovoip Good morning. I’m working on a new device that I am suppose to innovate based on a IoT devices. For that goal, I need a switch on my controller and RTL8367RB is the IC I selected. after designing the switch part and assembling, I got nothing for results. Can you please share the schematic PDF for me to see which part was mistaken? Dear @frank-w said you can help me for it or let him to do that instead. regards MMB

Hello, Is there any specific reason why MT7531 replaced RTL8367RB-VB-CG on the BPi R2 Pro?
Can we order MT7531 chips from Banana Pi? Regards, Dragan

it was replaced as the realtek-switch had no dsa driver (for accessing lan-ports separately) at the time of replacement…a bit later there was a dsa driver added for it

Just want to comment here: RTL is not known for providing the best support in my opinion. They would release a product in development and modify in the go to release a 2nd version, a 3rd version, which is a lot of design hurtles.

Regardless, in my recent testing, a RTL8125B can support 2.5GbE through 1 lane mini PCIe 3.0, but that’s about it. Saturating the CPU irq to 80%.

Not sure another 8125B can be put in the M.2 Key E slot. Even then, the irq would reach 100% to bottleneck throughput.