Keyboard or Input devices do not work

I tried to install LineageOS on Banana Pi M5. I need to install with recovery mode but the device is not accept any input device (keyboard both USB cable and USB bluetooth). So I can’t install OS (or do anything with Banana Pi M5)

photo_2023-09-05_08-22-22

photo_2023-09-05_08-23-11

I need suggestions

Hi,

You may want to put aside generic LineageOS wiki instructions, unless you get your hands on a compatible IR remote :wink:

First grab “upgrade” image (the biggest, about 1.3GB) from:

:warning: links may be inaccurate, sites are down at time of writing.

More info about unofficial: [OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 20 for Amlogic GXL/GXM/G12*/SM1/NE Family Devices | XDA Forums.

Then flash image directly to eMMC (remove SDCard before) using Getting Started with M5/M2Pro - Banana Pi Wiki.

:sos: As for now, USB type A won’t probably work (HDMI is okay). Assuming your USB C is still connected to a PC computer, you can use the excellent scrcpy to interact with your M5.

If you want to use HDMI display & sound instead a scrcpy window, try:

scrcpy --otg --serial 1234567890

If stuck in BT pairing screen (TV variant) try to issue the following commands in a ADB shell, then reboot after 2mn wait:

settings put global setup_wizard_has_run 1
settings put secure user_setup_complete 1
settings put global device_provisioned 1

To be tested: injecting key events using ADB within recovery: [OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 19.1 for Amlogic G12*/SM1 Family Devices | Page 3 | XDA Forums Won’t work :frowning:

As a side note: my own writings for /e/OS (based on LineageOS): [ALIEN BUILD] /e/OS for Banana Pi M5 - UnOfficial Builds - /e/OS community.