Install OpenWrt (Snapshot) on BPI R3

Anyone notices issues with dnsmasq? Not sure whether it is snapshot related or specific to this device.

I thought dnsmasq ‘loses’ the dnsmasq.conf configuration at some point, but after moving items into new config options in /etc/config/dhcp it still seems that DNS forwarding just stops at some point.

Now using a cron job to restart dnsmasq every hour.

Hi,

I have initially installed with DSA 1.0 and am attempting to upgrade to 1.1

I have installed the new image from SD card to NAND. I have booted from NAND and attempted to install onto eMMC. However, when I select install to eMMC I get the follow: PARTITION_CONFIG only exists on eMMC eMMC not detected

Likewise, I get a similar error when I am booted from SD and attempt to install onto NOR.

I can use the new DSA 1.1 from NAND without issues. I am just stuck with only using it from NAND.

I have two bpi r3s and both have the same error.

For emmc-access you have to change the dip switch (D) to emmc (low) else the mmc controller sees sdcard.

For nor you have to change dip switch C to NOR (low),here it is chipselect for spi-bus where nand and nor are connected

Thank you. That worked. When flashing to NOR I got the following error:

## Checking hash(es) for FIT Image at 46000000 ...
   Hash(es) for Image 0 (kernel-1): crc32+ sha1+ 
   Hash(es) for Image 1 (fdt-1): crc32+ sha1+ 
   Hash(es) for Image 2 (fdt-mt7986a-bananapi-bpi-r3-emmc): crc32+ sha1+ 
   Hash(es) for Image 3 (fdt-mt7986a-bananapi-bpi-r3-nand): crc32+ sha1+ 
   Hash(es) for Image 4 (fdt-mt7986a-bananapi-bpi-r3-nor): crc32+ sha1+ 
   Hash(es) for Image 5 (fdt-mt7986a-bananapi-bpi-r3-sd): crc32+ sha1+ 
   Hash(es) for Image 6 (rootfs-1): crc32+ sha1+ 
spi-nand: spi_nand spi_nand@1: unknown raw ID bfa9cef0
Erasing 0x00000000 ... 0x013fffff (320 eraseblock(s))
spi-nand: spi_nand spi_nand@1: unknown raw ID bfaca4c0
Writing 30474240 byte(s) at offset 0x00000000
Failure while writing at offset 0x0
Write on fit failed with error -22

The image you are trying to flash is too large for the NOR flash. The limit for the production uImage.FIT on NOR flash is 20 MiB, your image is more than 29 MiB. If you want to boot from NOR flash, you will have to remove some of the packages.

Understood. Thanks. Is there any preference when using openwrt on bpi r3 to use NAND or eMMC?