[drm]R2 PRO mainline kernel "Laggy" mouse cursor (5.18-main)

Hello everyone.

After i installed and started DM on my R2 I’ve faced the next issue:

The mouse pointer is flickering on movement and the worse - whole screen freezes until the mouse stops moving. Especially it’s noticeable when 3d-app / video is running see example:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMwwibv0nB-fEVn15ajT44UY37MiUZ714wYqdJmAA5aV0H5I3QPNoAN_Fe0vVRu0w/photo/AF1QipMZeNRcrczfTMXi5VNrPHMuTSD88dn00fPioe6K?key=WUhNaG55bkRkb2xrUFRGQnJuUzZ1d3gwbVJVb1Bn

I’ve tried to change “HWCursor” option in xorg.conf - no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I’m not sure xorg is capable with panfrost. Peter suggests me using wayland/weston. Have tried 4k,cursor was bit laggy and sometimes i had overlay-issues on cursor (scrambled image),but i do not remember if i had changed something. Afair it was better when final hdmi patches landed in mainline (not sure it was 5.18 or 5.19).

xorg uses drm-rockchip (2D), panfrost is only for 3D, anyways looks like it’s time to a kernel update :slight_smile: Thx, i’ll try a newer one.

I’ve updated to 6.0-rc (+pcie+multimedia patches) result is the same

UPD: I accidently booted to the old kernel, afrer rebooting to 6.0 it ran in1080p

[    3.103786] [drm] Initialized rockchip 1.0.0 20140818 for display-subsystem on minor 0                                                                                                                                           
[    3.104549] rockchip-drm display-subsystem: [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes                                                                                                                                                  
[    3.105302] rockchip-drm display-subsystem: [drm] Cannot find any crtc or sizes

no mouse/keyboard so i can’t test Xorg.

The system (image) that is being used is not specified.

Alex uses own gentoo with my kernel :slight_smile:

Frank’s 5.18-main - works with flickering mouse

Frank’s 6.0-rc - boots to 1080 instead of 4K and mouse/keyboard in not usable.

Yep :slight_smile:

Small update: not only 3d/video freezes - all Xorg picture freezes

I also tried Armbian_22.08.0-trunk_Bananapir2pro_sid_edge_5.19.0_xfce_desktop.img

All the same: flickering, screen freeze.

I don’t have any freezes and flickers, check your hardware or settings until all modes are supported in the main core (monitor settings, resolution, frequency, etc.).