[BPI-R4] Which Wifi-Module version do you prefer?

As far as I understand, the 10 antenna version is not a compromise, they will just add onboard diplexers to join 2.4 and 5 under same antennas

6 antennas solution with iPA limits the performance of the r4, heat dissipation or other problems i believe many diyers can figure out how to deal with them as this is a developer board. Beside many already expected adding more heat dissipation solution because sfp+ module is quite hot and also the 7988. Many of diyers expect better performance rather than exquisite look.

hi eelt,

We need to consider a preliminary draft solution first. If we don’t have an official solution, we should make it easier for the experts in the community to solve it themselves in the future, rather than thinking that it is impossible to do it because our design is too bad.

BTW, we are on vacation for the Chinese New Year and will seriously consider this when we return.

2 Likes

Hi Halry,

Thank you for your suggestion, we will seriously consider it :smile:

6 antenna version is 12v too (sw4 on)?

I voted for the version with 14 antennas.

I want to exploit the possibilities of each WiFi frequency band to the maximum. But I understand that designing a box with 14 antennas is not the easiest, so I am willing to accept a version with only 10 antennas.

In this case, I want to know the references of real antennas optimized for dual frequency…