[BPI-R4] TODO List

I’d like to add to the list support for MTU higher than 2030, which is the current limit. There’s a patch for the official OpenWrt release to enable it: A new dual 10G router based on Filogic 880 (Banana Pi BPi-R4) - #346 by pmisch - Hardware Questions and Recommendations - OpenWrt Forum

Getting the other 2 PPEs to work

Post Can’t be empty. Must be 20 char

wait, i thought it wasnt since dangowrts list didnt mark it off

Post Can’t be empty. Must be 20 char

If i may add to the todo, does someone know if/how can we check if the wifi driver supports 4addr for the WDS access point mode ?

@glassdoor This thread it aimed specifically at getting a mainline Linux kernel working on the bpi-r4. It is not about the highly modified openwrt one. We do keep an eye on the openwrt one, in case we wish to port things across. In the long run, if we can get all the needed features into mainline Linux, openwrt would not need a separate one, at least, on the more capable (more ram, cpu) platforms like the bpi-r4. This would result in far less work for the openwrt team in the long run. So, I would like to keep this thread more along the lines of a TODO list for the mainline Linux kernel running on the bpi-r4.

1 Like

my bad for pooping in your thread

@frank-w Hello, I heard that map-e and dslite are also supported by hardware offloading but not support by mainline flow offload. Is it real?

using libgpiod is a solid choice!

There is a catch, when controlling output pins…

GPIO control through libgpiod using the command gpiocli - Banana Pi Router design - banana pi single board computer open source project official forum BPI team (banana-pi.org)