BPI-R3 sfp interface problems

basicly it looks good so far, only the toggling state before you read out the sfp is strange…but this looks like manual switch from sfp2 (lan sfp cage) to sfp1 (wan sfp cage = eth1)

so what exactly does not work? the 2500 Mbit/s SFPs (the TP-Link you have and the OEM i have) have a bit problems recognizing the link and link speed we are trying to fix. so for now try the autoneg workaround to get link working

ethtool -s eth1 autoneg off

Using the commands you provided is still not good, I can’t get an IP address when my problematic network cable is connected. Looking forward to your fix.

Have you plugged in cable? Is link/speed detected? Is interface (eth1) set to up?

Please show ethtool (without m switch) output when cable is plugged (and the other side ready) and interface admin-up and

ip l show eth1
ip a s eth1

It is not my fix…eric tries to fix the autoneg issue with daniel and russel.

See SFP OEM SFP-2.5G-T kernel PHY?

<root@OpenWrt:~# ethtool eth1 Settings for eth1: Supported ports: [ FIBRE ] Supported link modes: 2500baseX/Full Supported pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only Supports auto-negotiation: Yes Supported FEC modes: Not reported Advertised link modes: 2500baseX/Full Advertised pause frame use: Symmetric Receive-only Advertised auto-negotiation: No Advertised FEC modes: Not reported Speed: 2500Mb/s Duplex: Full Auto-negotiation: off Port: FIBRE PHYAD: 0 Transceiver: internal Current message level: 0x000000ff (255) drv probe link timer ifdown ifup rx_err tx_err Link detected: no>

root@OpenWrt:~# ip l show eth1
3: eth1: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master br-lan state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 9a:31:8a:46:a5:e7 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
root@OpenWrt:~# ip a s eth1
3: eth1: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master br-lan state DOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/ether 9a:31:8a:46:a5:e7 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

your eth1 seems to be put into bridge br-lan…so you have to put this bridge up too…and please format the code…else it is unreadable

Please enclose in three ` at line start when copying text …