BPI R3 mini emmc

Hi, I just received my new BPI R3 mini and I wanted to know why my storage only show 1gb on emmc? How do you get access to the 8gb of emmc?

the default emmc size is 8GB, but firmware’s rootfs partition size is 1GB, So you may modify the BSP’s rootfs partition size to access them.

BSP sourcecode: GitHub - BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI-R3MINI-OPENWRT-V21.02.3: BPI-R3MINI-OPENWRT-V21.02.3

file: BPI-R3MINI-OPENWRT-V21.02.3/tree/main/target/linux/mediatek/files-5.4/arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt7986a-bananapi-bpi-r3mini-emmc.dts

earlyprintk block2mtd.block2mtd=/dev/mmcblk0,65536 mtdparts=mmcblk0:4608K(BL2)ro,2M(RF),2M(FIP)ro,32M(Kernel),1024M(rootfs),2048M(usrdata),-(bmtpool) rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2";

another suggestion: you may format and mount the “usrdata” partition access 2G space. you don’t need change any file.

The problem here is the use of the block2mtd hack which limits the maximum addressable space to 4 GiB (MTD devices use 32-bit addresses…).

Mainline OpenWrt is very soon going to add support for the R3mini and that doesn’t use block2mtd but rather accesses the eMMC as a block device which will allow to change the partition table and sizes of your partitions in every way you could want.