BPI-R2 new image : ubuntu 16.04 V1.2.1 BT and WIFI AP mode are working fine 2017-11-27

Nice,can you look if partition config is now 0x48 and if this stays active after reboot/preloader-flash?

Yes. It is persistent. System loads well after poweroff, and Boot configuration bytes aka PARTITION_CONFIG == 0x48

1 Like

Ok,thank you,thats an alternate way for users having problems entering uboot-console (missing uart cable or similar) and want to use emmc. Will add this to my wiki

Concerning booting from EMMC I see the setting of the flash be changed to writeable. My question is, after the image is programmed, can I set the flash back to be read only or are there log files that need to be written to the flash?

So my question is, shouldn’t there be a

echo 1 > /sys/block/mmcblk1boot0/force_ro

at the end?

Regards,

GĂźnter

Don’t need to make it to be read-only, because the setting is not persistent.

@garywang, where can I download your script that builds ubuntu and creates the img file from scratch?

I guess there is no script…you can try this adapted to ubuntu: https://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r2:debian

Thanks @frank-w, the instructions cut off at the point where you create the emmc image from the built binaries? I’m looking to see what is everything that gets pulled into the image.

You create a bootable system with exising sd-image and replace rootfs with debootstrapped system…after that you make simply a dd (reversed way like flash img to sd/emmc). After that you can mount that img and clear unnecessary things like loga

If VLAN is not working, any other method to implement switch function among the 4 LAN ports? plus, WAN/LAN segregation working but WAN is unidentified.