BPI-R2 new image : ubuntu 16.04 V1.2.1 BT and WIFI AP mode are working fine 2017-11-27

Maby i have connected it wrong on the db9 plug

db9? an old COM-Port? attention, this may have 12V!

it is a usb to db9 serial adapter

can you turn off flow-control in putty?

hi Frank

yes i have tryed that also

your usb2serial has clean state in device-manager?? ok, else you should got nothing…i needed some time to get working driver for my cp2102, but now it works as expected

putty-serial

bpir2-serial-putty

bpi-r2-serial.reg (14,2 KB)

you have to change com-port to yours

hi Frank

but how did you get to the uboot promt so run the emmc pconf 48

kenn

is it now working?

on booting you see the uboot-menu in debug-uart:

here you can see it: http://www.fw-web.de/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=en:bpi-r2:uboot

there take the last menu-item “U-Boot console”

bpi-r2-uboot-consolebpi-r2-uboot-emmc

Hi Frank

How do you make the uboot image to put on the sd card do you have a image or

kenn

why not scrolling that wiki-page a bit down to #update_uboot :slight_smile:

you find compiled actual uboot (with emmc) on my gdrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15Y5Y3NAOwg_IMmN3k6hdb7pAQj9oTVTl

Hi frank

i can see the uboot menu in my console but hov do you stop it from continuing booting from sd it goes past fast and i can only find it by scrolling back

pressing any key (e.g. cursor down to move inside menu) while it is displayed (for about ~3 seconds)

connect first uart and than boot…or reboot after connecting uart if system already running

Hi Frank

still no luck i have ordred the cp2102 hope that helps it still just boots no matter what key i press i have installed the reg key with my com port but no luck is it not possibel to make a uboot image that boots strait into uboot promt seems very dificult to use that emmc

kenn

back to Bluetooth…does anybody got a working connection? which tools are used which commands. please post log of init and connection.

Hi Frank i have now recived my new usb/serial adapter and now it is working perfect and i am booting from emmc i have a few questions you might be able to answer
is it possibel to remove some files to criate more space i am now on 90% i have a ssd conected to sata or is there things that can be moved
is it possibel to use vlan and can i use webmin to create them to separate the 4 ports on eth0

i have ap up and running i have installed dhcp bind9 webadmin setup bridge on etho and ap0 with firewall and dhcp server webmin and has a funcioning firewall/router/gateway but i would like to setup vpn client on 1 vlan to make all trafic go truvpn but only on that vlan port

hope it is understandable

kenn

you can remove kernel-modules except for your actual kernel (uname -r)…else look in /var/log for large logfiles, but instead of removing them make

echo -n "">logfile

to preserve permissions.

port-separation does not work with Kernel 4.4 which is packed with official images…you can use my 4.14 for this, but some things like hdmi and BT does not work currently in 4.14.

back to topic: can anybody test if with this image the AP can be started (and be visible) after killing histapd the first time?

step-by-step:

• clean boot
  • running wmt-tools and echo “A”, so you get the ap0-device
  • run hostapd (with -dd configfile), you should see the AP on your client-device
  • now kill hostapd with strg+C (hostapd will clean up not only die)
  • start hostapd again, in my tests hostapd itself reports no error, but AP is not visible

i have currently found no way to restart hostapd without rebooting

@garywang @BitMaster can you confirm that behaviour (with 4.4.70)?

issue for 4.14: https://github.com/frank-w/BPI-R2-4.14/issues/4

I’ve tested it at the end of last year with your 4.14 kernel and I can confirm the AP mode is broken after killing hostapd, but I’m not completely sure if a reboot was absolutely necessary or “echo 0, echo A” could fix it as well for me.

1 Like

have you tried with 4.4 too? i assume that this Problem is also in 4.4…but currently not known

can you take a look into it and try to fix that?

Nice work!

I tried to build a kernel with SATA enabled. So i can store the root partition on my harddrive. The kernel boots fine but wifi isn’t working. do you have the kernelconfig from your build so i can add SATA or give me a directions in how to get it working?

Thanks in advance!