BPI-R2 new image: BPI-R2 OpenWrt(LEDE) Souce code : 2018-05-09

Hi Cement

Please use latest images from Image link 2 in this topic, these images are built with hard-float instructions, so we can install a userland packages from online repository, but please note that the package related to kernel can NOT be installed, because they are built based on kernel 4.14.x.

Thank you for your answer @garywang

But 3 days ago I installed image “2017-09-14-raspbian-stretch-preview-bpi-r2-sd-emmc.img” and began setup this system/image for my needs.

When I buy BPI-R2 I was interested with 2 SATA and 2 GB of RAM…
And I wanted to make some NAS/Cloud for home use…

And for now I understand that OpenWRT images still developing and they incomplete for me (for my tasks)…
I want to use my new BPI-R2, and sure that with OpenWRT it will be hard for now(( May be later…

Anyway thank you for your work! :+1:t4:

What is an “userland” package ? Can you provide me with your source packages `? Thanks

could you explain to me what means,

hard-float instructions

what is the pro/con to have or not to have them ?

Please refer to link: https://blog.paranoidpenguin.net/2017/09/hard-float-vs-soft-float-with-slackware-arm-on-the-rpi-3/

2 Likes

The userland package means it excutes in user space of Linux, like lscpu, hostapd, and so on. The packages from online repository, like kmod-* are not supported.

Thanks Gary

1 Like

Hello!

How to detect CPU temperature on BPI-R2(OpenWRT)?

Hello All,

I need the R2 to have all 4 ethernet interfaces working, I understand the switch has to work for that. This image has the switch, but no HDMI. How do I use it without HDMI, how to log in the first time? Maybe there is another ubuntu image with the switch working?

Thank you!

Hi, first I want to explain what I’m doing. I’d like,

1. to connect the BPI-R2 to my local wifi. (what I’m trying to do now)
  2. to connect my PCs trought ethernet to the BPI-R2 (done, works out of box)
  3. on the BPI-R2 to forward internet from the wifi to the ethernet (to do later, I’ll need 1 first)

in System>Starttup>Local Startup I added the next lines,

wmt_loader
stp_uart_launcher -p /etc/firmware &
sleep 2
echo 1 > /dev/wmtWifi
exit 0

in Network>Interfaces I added a new interface called wlan0, Screenshot_2018-05-17_11-33-19 It seems to match properly the hardware (MAC adress is the right one), but after that I see nowhere I can set the essid and password. What should I do now ?

1 Like

thank you for the link

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

the switch is working on all kernels. Only difference is that you can address the single ports (lan0-lan3) in 4.9 and above. In kernel 4.4 there is 1 wan and 1 lan-interface (all lanports bridged to this)

Thanks Frank!

Is there an Ubuntu image with kernel 4.9+ available?

You can build kernel (4.9 or 4.14) from my repo and simply replace your default kernel (after backup)

Not sure I understand how to do that. With all these images there isn’t a single one I can download and use out the box? If it is so simple why hasn’t anyone made one?

of course…on my gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Y5Y3NAOwg_IMmN3k6hdb7pAQj9oTVTl

This link has many files. The img file is really small, so it can’t be the full image of the operating system. What should I do?

It is kernel only…

more infos (precompiled) Kernels for BPI-R2

Basicly backup /boot/bananapi/bpi-r2/linux/uImage and unpack contents of BPI-ROOT to /boot and from BPI-ROOT to /

Make sure /dev/mmcblkxp1 is mounted to /boot

thanks, which image should I use?

it depends on your use…i have my debian stretch running,but you wanted to use ubuntu so take the latest and replace Kernel