BPI-R2 integrated WiFi trouble

this one: 802.11ac 4x4 standard size mini pcie card is launched

but i thought you have problem with internal wifi and 2g4 mode

Frank! I wasnā€™t clear enough, sorry! I just wanted to say that I have a copie from my system!

Now I tested, and my suspicion comes true!

If you can remember, you generated for me 2 deb packages :

[frank-w] released this 24 days ago - defconfig: add NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFQUEUE

and one day later

[frank-w] released this 23 days ago - defconfig: r2: add CONFIG_NFT_QUEUE

I think the issue exists with NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFQUEUE module.

Why do I say it? Because after eliminated CONFIG_NFT_QUEUE module, problem still existed.

Have you tried without NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFQUEUE?

Yes, Iā€™ve compiled a kernel whitout NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFQUEUE!

root@bpi-r2:/home/kernel$ cat running.config | grep -i queue
CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE=y
CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE_SYSCTL=y
CONFIG_NETFILTER_NETLINK_QUEUE=m
CONFIG_NFT_QUEUE=m
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_NFQUEUE is not set
# Queueing/Scheduling
root@bpi-r2:/home/kernel$ uname -a
Linux bpi-r2 5.4.80-bpi-r2-main #2 SMP Thu Nov 26 14:30:11 CET 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

Iā€™m able to run internal wifi finally.

Two question : I"ve followod your instructions in order to recompile kernel on github. Deb package is ready and installed. Why donā€™t see corresponding config file under /boot? Anyway, I could check it.

How did you get mentioned MTK7615 pcie card? On the page you linked is to expensive! Rather I should order it from aliexpress and all the same from which vendor(Unielec, Sinovoip)?

1 Like

the new deb-package is created from modified linux-script and does not contain the uEnv.txt modifications, you have to do it your own. but it contains the source-Package if you want to compile additional modules on BPI-R2 itself

root@bpi-r2:/home/kernel$ cat running.config | grep -i queue

you know ikconfig?

modprobe configs
zcat /proc/config.gz | grep '...'

you do not need to copy the .config to target-system :slight_smile: but good to hear, your problem is solvedā€¦i guess i should drop this module, right?

Absolutely, please drop this module!

I did it so, modprobe configs, didnā€™t know, just googled! :slight_smile:

What about the card? On the page youā€™ve linked is to expensive! Or should I order it from aliexpress and all the same from which vendor(Unielec, Sinovoip)?

all mt7615 i see except the one from asiarf were too large for bpi-r2ā€¦only this card hast standard fullsize

1 Like

I see, no question! :slight_smile: