BPI-R2 2.4Ghz and 5.6Ghz Wifi Working fine

If you succeed with openWRT, can you post your image for testing?

1 Like

@frank-w im trying to compile dirver, but iā€™ve got error

ERROR: modpost: "mtk_wcn_wmt_set_chipid" [/home/user/openwrt/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/linux-mediatek_mt7623/mt6625l/connectivity/common/common_detect/mtk_wmt_detect.ko] undefined!

It seems to be some Makefile mistake. Maybe you know how to fix it?

i guess this error came because you try an incompatible/older version of the driver

you can get a working version for your kernelversion in my repo

Which kernelversion do you use and which version of driverā€¦i remember i had this error in some 5.x kernel,but do not know how i have fixed it

@frank-w My kernel version is 5.10.134, and Iā€™m using 5.11-main as you suggested. But I did not apply patches yet.

Could it be patch problem? And could I use newer version (e.g. from 5.12-main) with 5.10 linux kernel?

How do you use 2 kernelversions without applying patches :thinking:

You mean wifi driver from 5.11 with 5.10 base kernel?

Make sure you use only the first 3 patches from the driver (driver folder,include driver, changes outside driver dir), additional changing things for this newer version an may be not backwards compatibleā€¦

Yes, exactly. Ok, iā€™ll try to apply patches, may be it fix it.

And if it wonā€™t work, can I use wifi driver from your 5.12-main branch with 5.10 openwrt linux kernel version? Or its forbidden? =)

Itā€™s not forbidden :slight_smile:

Ok,you use openwrtā€¦ then it is maybe more complex as openwrt contains backports especially in network segment. That makes it hard for me to say ā€œuse version xyā€.

You could try using all versions above your base version till one works (except 6.0 which is currently broken) or use the 5.10 version (squashed into 3 patches in 5.11 branch) and apply patches one-by one i added in newer versions (fixing specific problems).

@frank-w ok, thank you!