BPI-F3 Running Ubuntu 24.04

Okay sorry, you know what ! I am going to do it tonight on my machine, get it working a 100% and then give you the solution. This needs to be easy for everyone.

Franco

Oh no! No hurry, please, not to the detriment of health. BPI isn’t going anywhere :slight_smile:

Okay I’m sorry I did not fix this sooner.

I was pointing to the wrong image to burn to the NVME.

Use this image, https://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/noble/release/ubuntu-24.04-preinstalled-server-riscv64.img.xz

And use the default initrd.

So sorry for my mistakes.

Franco

Finally! :smiley: :fireworks: thank you very much. Will test it!

1 Like

You’re very welcome. I’m so sorry that I messed up the docs from the beginning. I’ve updated my github page link to download the correct image.

Thanks for your patience. Framco

No problet at all ant thanks a lot for your approach, now I can easily transfer Bianbu NAS from here and run it from my NVMe. Hooray!!! image

1 Like

That’s awesome. I am pretty sure I also had the desktop version running too but I will need to back through my notes and see what I did.

I’ve been working so much on custom bootloaders, learning more about syslinux, extlinux, u-boot and how it works, device trees(dtb) I’ve been trying to make it so the installer is much easier.

Plus I have a Sipeed Lichee Pi 4a Book Laptop which I just got and trying to get the same thing working on that and documenting everything as I go.

Let’s just say support for these new boards isn’t the greatest. Anyway off to learning more about custom u-boot… Franco

Yeah, looks like that interesting SBCs and laptops and other gadgets are mostly for internal sells, so maybe docs are stored behind the chinese firewall in chinese language :slight_smile:

Wow, it loosk interesting with modular SOM design :slight_smile: Thanks anyway for your help, now I can test all available RISCV firmwares for that BPI-F3 from my NVMe!

That’s cool. Basically this should work with other Linux RISC-V versions. I was going to try it with others but I bricked my laptop trying to modify it the same way.

That’s a long story in itself. Hope to have an update on that soon. Franco

1 Like