BE14 does not work on its own assembly

One more thing, I just want to find out from an experienced person. In the firmware, I forgot to add one kmod (kmod-ntf-queue), or rather, I didn’t forget, I was sure that if I added the packages I needed, then other dependent kmods and packages should have been added themselves, but this kmod was not added. In general, in order to rebuild the firmware, do I need to do something to clean it up, or can I immediately do make menuconfig?

So I will add/change in .config:

CONFIG_PACKAGE_kmod-nft-queue=y

and then:

make -j $(nproc) defconfig download clean world

For the missing 6GHz wireless network, there is a thread on OpenWRT forum

Why did you call yourself evil for lol, but anyways it is a developer board so you are kind of expected to know how to compile the FW for the board

Because in general, I spent 4 days trying to figure out from 0 what ubuntu is and how to work with it, and unsuccessfully spent hours of compilation only to get errors, but now I managed to assemble the firmware, all that remains is to figure out the wifi , AC and AX at 160MHz and 320MHz do not work for me, it says “disabled”

so tell me, how it is possible that many users from the community is using my image and the wireless network is working, but just for you it does not? You spent on compilation some time, which gives you warnings and you expect that each warning will be fixed by… someone? Warnings will raise, it is normal. Instead of poisoning users, maybe you will tell, if finally the wifi card was working on my image or not? For example on this . Many users says that it is fine, got issue with BE standard, but wireless card is detected.

Another thing here is: you get an OpenSource project and OpenSource board. It is new, it requires a lot of time to develop, test and check to make that router work perfect. If you don’t get it, maybe it would be a good time to just consider to buy some other device that have Wifi 7 standard working for example Ubiquiti U7 pro ?

I don’t need your build, because even if wifi works there, it doesn’t have the packages I need. And I wrote that wifi works, but if you set the frequencies to 160MHz/320MHz, the device becomes “disabled”. But I checked this on a build based on janusz-v5. Today I built it on v6, but I don’t have time to check. In a few hours I’ll be able to write what happened

Afair there was a bug with eht 160 which was fixed recently

the 320MHz requires to set country that support that. As Janusz suggested on OpenWRT forum, choosing JP right now will be the best way. Also BE results will disappoint you.

In fact, wifi speeds are not that important to me, the main thing for me is that I can connect my wifi devices, so that I can basically use the internet, and then calmly wait for competent people to release a stable firmware release. By the way, my own build works better than the June version, it saves internet settings

I saw posts about this. But I didn’t understand, is this fix included in the janusz-v6 branch?

imho it was this series which should fix ETH160: Linux-Mediatek patches - Patchwork

1 Like

I tried my build based on be14-and-hostapd-janusz-v6. AX 160MHz works. But I couldn’t check BE, because it is available on radio2 and I have this radio2 disables, no matter what settings I choose (BE/AX) and different frequencies, it always remains disabled. Country Code put JP everywhere

No, patches are not there.

BE 160Mhz works for me but not 320mhz

There is also a problem that it is impossible to use wifi 5 and wifi 6 at the same time, if you set the settings on the first, then the same settings are accepted on the second

In any case, I’m happy with the result, now I have everything I need to use it, THANK YOU ALL for your help. Sorry to bother you. I will periodically look at the improvement process!

imho this should be working like this as i heared that 6GHz (for wifi7) should not work alone because beacons should only sent at 5GHz (MLO)…but have no documents about this…maybe @dangowrt can describe it better than me

I’ve been following this thread and I found it interesting so I wanted to try the work flow that was suggested above. The image built successfully following those instructions, but I can confirm that the 6g band is very problematic, and I had to add option band ‘6g’ to wireless to even get the interface to work. There isnt a way to switch to 320, as it’s completely unlisted or choose between AX/BE modes. Only channel selection and 20/40/80/160 is listed. And yes, I’m using a modified regulatory.db I built that has 320 allowed for the bands in question. I’m not asking for help, just merely pointing out that i also had trouble with that as well. Maybe something is configured incorrectly. I just switched back to my other working image.

Kudos for all the hard work guys. This is an interesting project that I’ve been following for about a year now. Keep up the great work.

I tried to make a port of this series to OpenWRT. Thank you for the link. More info on Openwrt forum

These patches should reach openwrt soon (as they target mt76 driver and officially posted),you should not need to put work into it.

1 Like