bananapir64I modified my dts file, but I think there is an error

I modified my dts file, but I think there is an error when com1659755779145 piling, how should I solve this

You should show your modifications or full dts file. Error is in line 9…maybe a include not found

1659775445262 so ,what should I do

I need 10 GPIO ports, but they are occupied, I need to disable some functions, but there is a problem with recompiling:thinking:

Can you please share the file and no screenshot? Which kernel-version do you use?

Normally you can simply disable the device by setting status to disabled. How do you compile the dts? I guess you try to compile it out of tree (directly) and so the preprocessor managing the includes is not run…

Modify the dts in tree (in arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek) and compile it using the kernel makefile.

There is no mt7622.dts in mainline kernel tree…only mt7622.dtsi

If using my repo you can use build.sh for compiling kernel and dts

Three days, I finally succeeded, I am using ubuntu18.04, kernel5.4, I not only need to modify dts and compile it, I also need to copy the new dtb file it generates to /boot to restart Okay, this is not friendly to a newbie, it took me three days to discover it.

Yes of course you need to install it and reboot,but your issue was compiling step :slight_smile:

Yes, the dtc I used at the time had this error, and I recompiled it later. In short, with your help, the problem was solved,thank you:grinning: