Banana Pi BPI-R4 4G/5G Module sim card missing in modem manager

From what I see in PCIE mode, there’s no AT interface on the EM120R or I’m missing something in my setup.

Had no luck with mbimcli ATR as well.

Hi,

thanks for the answer,

i also was hit by this problem (at R3 with EC25).

It is possible with AT commands to turn the detection around. First time I played with it, I thought, is “just” for the status indication.

BUT it is not just for notification. If detection is wrong set, you get immidiatly after turning in the SIM card, a information that there is no SIM-Card inside (if notification is activated). The software is not even trying to connect because there is no SIM Card inside (in the systems view).

PS: I thing the notification “SIM not detected” can also be caused by other problems. After my first trys, i came to the conclusion, that it is may better not to install all packages … just what you want to try.

if you manage to get the AT Command, for EM120R you have to disable sim pin detection. According to the AT Command document by Quectel, EM120R sim pin detection was enable by default.

To disable the sim pin detection run these AT command then restart the module.:

1.Switch to sim slot 1:
AT+QUIMSLOT=1

2.Disable sim pin detection:
AT+QSIMDET=0,0

3.Restart Module:
AT+CFUN=1,1
1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try this out. Hopefully I can get an AT interface up.

Thanks. This resolved the issue on the EM060K-GL.

The EM120R-GL is still a problem with no AT interface. Still hunting for a way to set it up. :crossed_fingers:

-----------------------------------
  SIM      |        primary sim path: /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SIM/0
           |          sim slot paths: slot 1: /org/freedesktop/ModemManager1/SIM/0 (active)
           |                          slot 2: none
  -----------------------------------

This worked after getting an AT interface using Quectel’s MHI driver.

And persisted on OpenWRT using mhi* drivers.

FCC locking can also be turned off using:

AT+QCFG="fcc_enable",0
1 Like