Banana Pi BPI-P2 Pro use RK3308 chip design ,with 512M DDR , 8g eMMC, wifi&bt onboard ,support PoE

Banana Pi BPI-P2 Pro is an ultra compact single board computer measures only 65mm*52.5mm. It uses 64bits quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 Rockchip RK3308 processor, with 2G RAM memory.8G eMMC flash,100M LAN,add PoE function support ,Wifi & Bluetooth onboard, It’s ideal for light-weight systems with some space-limited applications. Like other members of Banana Pi,

Banana%20Pi%20BPI-P2%20Pro%201

Key Features

• CPU: 64bits Quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 Rockchip RK3308.
  • 512M LPDDR2 SDRAM.
  • 8G eMMC flash onboard.
  • WiFi (AP6255) & Bluetooth onboard.
  • 40 PIN GPIO,It includes UART, SPI, I2C, IO etc
  • 100M LAN
  • IEEE 802.3af PoE standard PoE module support

Hardware interface:

Banana%20Pi%20BPI-P2%20Pro%20int

Online wiki page,keep update:

https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-P2_Pro

Test hardware and bulidroot:

boot log.log (72.2 KB)

Ps. I don’t trust your LAN cable, where the rubber shell isn’t part of the plastic connector. :smile: The individual pin connections can get loose quite easily now.

yes , just test line for debug.

1 Like

when will this be available to purchase?

have public sale :

If I use the Armbian image, is there a user and password setup on it? Is the only way to get it up and running is to use an UART cable?

1.We don’t have an officially supported armbian image yet. Regarding the account and password you mentioned, this is the same as other armbian systems. You will be asked to enter your account and password when you start it for the first time. The default is root/1234. 2. Powered by typec

Ok, thanks.

Is there an better document on how to burn an image to a SD Card. I assume you have to marry the two images to make a bootable image

Image Files

p2pro-debian11.img armsom-p2pro-buildroot.img

Because using Etcher you get an error with both images. No offence Arm SoM Wiki is bad, very hard to follow. I am trying to get my unit so that I can do a video on it.

I do not have such board, but these are two independent different operating systems, so these are simply 2 options of images.

Most likely balena does not recognize it, but just burn it anyway. It uses the word might

Using PoE I do not get access to usb devices. Neither usb-a nor usb-c. The board does not list up any connected usb flash device via fdisk. If I use usb-c to power up usb-a works as normal. But in this situation I would never be able to use a usb-c flash device. Has someone else also experienced this? Currently we have to stay with the p2 zero board furthermore. Any help would be appreciated.