Yocto / OpenEmbedded layer available for MT7623

Hi everyone:

I wanted to announce the availability of a Yocto / OpenEmbedded layer for the MT7623 here: meta-mediatek.

For those who don’t know, OpenEmbedded is a modular build system to create Linux distributions for various target platforms with a strong focus on embedded devices. It is not a complete distribution or a router platform such as LEDE, but merely a framework to create such a distribution.

Unfortunately I only have a generic Mediatek MT7623 eval board and not an actual BPI-R2. I figured this might still be useful to some people here.

And if Sinovoip is able to provide an R2, I’m more than happy to add support for it!

The long term goal is to port VyOS to this platform. I have also started an OpenEmbedded VyOS layer but there is still a lot of work to do.

Feedback and help is always welcome!

(And Happy Chinese New Year to everyone in Asia!)

Wolfgang

3 Likes

thank you , but we are in china holiday , when we back to office , we can send free sample to you

hello,can you give me your mail address , we can send free smample to you .

Hi sinovoip,

Currently, I am investigating Bananapi-R2 So Can you share Yocto for Bananapi-R2 ?

Thank you in advance

Check the meta-mediatek layer here:

I haven’t worked on it for a while, so kernel support is for 4.14. Also, I created it with the intend of porting VyOS, so some hardware components which weren’t relevant for that may not be supported.

1 Like

Hello wtolkien Thank you so much