BPI-W2 SPI does not work

Hi,

I am having issues with the SPI of the BPI-W2. The spidev doesn’t get listed in /dev, I’m even unable to load the module spidev, why is that? Assistance would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Maybe it is in /sys/class, did you check this dir? And why can’t you load the module?

I can find spidev in /sys/class however it is empty. Also I can find spi_master in /sys/class, however no devices are listed as you would normally see (e.g. spidev0.0). Not sure why the module does not get loaded, no message can be found in dmesg. There is an spi0 in “spi_master”, however I think this is for the bootloader SPI.

I don’t think you should touch the SPI, it’s containing the ROM code and the U-Boot, your board will be brick if you mess with it.

That being said, the CH341A and the SOIC clip can be use to reprogram it externally.

So should I take it that the SPI is used for the ROM and I can’t used SPI of the GPIO’s? I have external hardware which I want to manage via SPI, how do I accomplish that in this case? Best regards