BPI-W2 new image: Android normal ,android Router ,Android ATV 2020-05-08

Android Normal Version

Normal android image without hwnat and openwrt.

Android Router Version

Router mode android image with hwnat and openwrt enabled, ethernet and wifi network must be configured in Openwrt system(Settings->More->Openwrt Settings). The port with bar code label is wan.

Android ATV version

ATV version android image without hwnat and openwrt. Click the right button on the left side of screen to show the navigation bar If you use mouse for testing.

How to install Android Image

http://wiki.banana-pi.org/Getting_Started_with_W2#Install_Android_image

• All current versions of the Android “2020-05-22-bpi-w2-android7” work good on the BPI-W2.

Only with an Android_server image I have a little problem turning on LAN, if not, everything works fine. But according to the instructions in the OpenWRT settings (hwnat), this should not be a problem.

• (All …img works without a problem.)*

Bravo!

• HDD connection via USB & SATA under Android 7 (2020) also no problem, and the connected disks work stably…

• Both the disk and NTFS are connected via SATA & USB automatically and correctly. Tested on 2T NTSF, via USB 3.0 interface

• The PIN ~ 5V for CPU-FAN is by default start for CPU cooling. *without the need PIN enable and adjustment

• Completely error-free at startup / at BOOT :robot: – very nice work.

• The CPU instructions realtek RTD 129 * are presented and ready to use:

127|kylin32:/ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo

BogoMIPS        : 54.25
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt lpae evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant     : 0x0
CPU part        : 0xd03
CPU revision    : 4

• I also like the way you work on the new environment to download the necessary “documents”, “imges”", “Code Surce” etc, it’s very clear and very nicely done, we can really see a piece of work done. :banana:

DOWNLOAD PAGE / ALL MODEL

https://download.banana-pi.dev/d/3ebbfa04265d4dddb81b/?p=%2F

From Last week I see very positive changes here after a long pause, I hope that it will continue in this direction, I am very pleased.

Thank you for your (good) work! :100::banana::banana::banana:

SWEET Thank You for the update. I’ve been trying to build Android from scratch and lost the original EMMC boot. It’s great to have it back. I’m not seeing my RTL8822 on the Android w/ OpenWRT image. I’m guessing I missed something.

Looks like source code on download.banana-pi.dev id not yet up to date. Or do I just not have permission? I’m particularly interested in how you got OpenWRT to live in Android 7. I have a W2 and an R2 to tinker with. Working on a wireless router for my recreational vehicle. The goal is to maintain a connection to another WiFi Access Point using it as a WAN while keeping my stuff behind a firewall.

Jerunamuck

My bad. turns out I have an RTL8822CE for which the Android router image does not have a driver. Unfortunately, this is one area where a larger hammer will not help me achieve my goals. Fortunately, I have an RTL8192CU dongle which works so I can get on with my project. I’ll order a couple RTL8822BE to use for WAN and WLAN.

Thanks again for https://download.banana-pi.dev/ This is an amazing source of material and has already answered a couple sticky questions I had.

Spent some time this morning getting this W2 configured so I can do some work with it. Unfortunately an old problem persists. eth1 does not exist. Looks like OpenWRT assigned eth0 as LAN and WAN does not exist. ip link show has lo: eth0: gre@NONE: and gretap@NONE: No other devices referenced in dmsg. This is a show stopper for me since this project is based on providing a network file wall for recreational vehicles.

You should login openwrt system to configure the ethernet and wireless network. default br-lan ip is 172.16.1.9.

unfortunately wan/eth0 is only for openwrt, and no network for android system

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default 
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:10:20:30:36:1d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    3: eth1: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast master br-lan state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:10:20:30:36:1e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    4: peth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:10:20:30:36:1d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    6: veth1@if5: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast master br-lan state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:e0:4c:0b:36:1d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff link-netnsid 0
    7: gre0@NONE: <NOARP> mtu 1476 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default 
link/gre 0.0.0.0 brd 0.0.0.0
    8: gretap0@NONE: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1462 qdisc noop state DOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
    9: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master br-lan state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether c4:98:5c:bd:d6:75 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
   10: br-lan: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP mode DEFAULT group default 
link/ether 00:10:20:30:36:1e brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Microphone input does not work. I tried to record the microphone input, but nothing comes in.

Is there a way to use the microphone?

Thanks August, Sorry about the late reply, day job went crazy last summer, only now catching up with life.

hello! explain how to install android

Good morning, first of all thanks for all the good work, I’ve been using an older version of openwrt for a long time, and I just wanted to try this version of android in router mode, but I couldn’t do it, my Windows 11 PC doesn’t detect the device when i connect it to the uart programmer, could someone help me please, i’m lost, thanks in advance.