BPI-R2 new image: BPI-R2 OpenWrt(LEDE) Souce code : 2018-05-09

(gary) #22

Hi Cement

Please use latest images from Image link 2 in this topic, these images are built with hard-float instructions, so we can install a userland packages from online repository, but please note that the package related to kernel can NOT be installed, because they are built based on kernel 4.14.x.

(Andriy Sementsov) #23

Thank you for your answer @garywang

But 3 days ago I installed image “2017-09-14-raspbian-stretch-preview-bpi-r2-sd-emmc.img” and began setup this system/image for my needs.

When I buy BPI-R2 I was interested with 2 SATA and 2 GB of RAM…
And I wanted to make some NAS/Cloud for home use…

And for now I understand that OpenWRT images still developing and they incomplete for me (for my tasks)…
I want to use my new BPI-R2, and sure that with OpenWRT it will be hard for now(( May be later…

Anyway thank you for your work! :+1:t4:

What is an “userland” package ? Can you provide me with your source packages `? Thanks

(nicoo) #25

could you explain to me what means,

hard-float instructions

what is the pro/con to have or not to have them ?

(gary) #27

Please refer to link: https://blog.paranoidpenguin.net/2017/09/hard-float-vs-soft-float-with-slackware-arm-on-the-rpi-3/

(gary) #28

The userland package means it excutes in user space of Linux, like lscpu, hostapd, and so on. The packages from online repository, like kmod-* are not supported.

Thanks Gary

Hello!

How to detect CPU temperature on BPI-R2(OpenWRT)?

(rr) #30

Hello All,

I need the R2 to have all 4 ethernet interfaces working, I understand the switch has to work for that. This image has the switch, but no HDMI. How do I use it without HDMI, how to log in the first time? Maybe there is another ubuntu image with the switch working?

Thank you!

(nicoo) #31

Hi, first I want to explain what I’m doing. I’d like,

1. to connect the BPI-R2 to my local wifi. (what I’m trying to do now)
  2. to connect my PCs trought ethernet to the BPI-R2 (done, works out of box)
  3. on the BPI-R2 to forward internet from the wifi to the ethernet (to do later, I’ll need 1 first)

in System>Starttup>Local Startup I added the next lines,

wmt_loader
stp_uart_launcher -p /etc/firmware &
sleep 2
echo 1 > /dev/wmtWifi
exit 0

in Network>Interfaces I added a new interface called wlan0,

It seems to match properly the hardware (MAC adress is the right one), but after that I see nowhere I can set the essid and password. What should I do now ?

(nicoo) #32

thank you for the link

(nicoo) #33

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp

(Frank W.) #34

the switch is working on all kernels. Only difference is that you can address the single ports (lan0-lan3) in 4.9 and above. In kernel 4.4 there is 1 wan and 1 lan-interface (all lanports bridged to this)

(rr) #35

Thanks Frank!

Is there an Ubuntu image with kernel 4.9+ available?

(Frank W.) #36

You can build kernel (4.9 or 4.14) from my repo and simply replace your default kernel (after backup)

(rr) #37

Not sure I understand how to do that. With all these images there isn’t a single one I can download and use out the box? If it is so simple why hasn’t anyone made one?

(Frank W.) #38

of course…on my gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Y5Y3NAOwg_IMmN3k6hdb7pAQj9oTVTl

(rr) #39

This link has many files. The img file is really small, so it can’t be the full image of the operating system. What should I do?

(Frank W.) #40

It is kernel only…

more infos (precompiled) Kernels for BPI-R2

Basicly backup /boot/bananapi/bpi-r2/linux/uImage and unpack contents of BPI-ROOT to /boot and from BPI-ROOT to /

Make sure /dev/mmcblkxp1 is mounted to /boot

(rr) #41

thanks, which image should I use?

(Frank W.) #42

it depends on your use…i have my debian stretch running,but you wanted to use ubuntu so take the latest and replace Kernel