currently I have Ubuntu Server installed to use my BPI with Pi-Hole. Sometimes DNS queries are not answered until I refresh the website (for several times). I connected to the BPI via SSH, did a some ping-tests and the result was a huge packet loss (sometimes as high as 50%) - screenshot attached.
How I set everything up: The BPI is powered up with a 2.5A/5V power supply connected to the 5V/GND GPIO-pins. As I read in the wiki, Ethernet connection can be realized trough the 4 pins between the 2 micro-USB sockets. So I soldered pins on it and crimped an ethernet-cable with 4 plugs to not have to solder the ethernet-cable directly to the board. I’ve put a small heatsink on the CPU because temperatures without were too high (and I wanted to install it in a box without extra ventilation).
During the setup of Pi-hole I decided to completely reinstall everything (I had strange IP-issues) and it seems to me that it startet loosing packets since then (but I’m not 100% sure). Ping was loosing packets with the ISO’s Version of Ubuntu Server’s packets and the latest Version available.
I already tried to renew the connectors on the ethernet-cable, also checked the soldering, resistance through the cable and the temperature - everything seems to be ok.