Banana pi BPI-M3 will send free sample for test

Great Board !!! Great technical data !!! I can test and replace my actual functionality on M1 board, NAS server, home monitoring with web page, music server with Mopidy, VPN to get access to my folder during my business trip. New functionality to implemented Security with motion detection camera, send email allert with mage attached, and save the image into cloud. Home Automation. Add DLNA to listen music with remote speakers into different rooms.

That`s great. Cannot wait to get one. I already added you on QQ. When are you gonna send me a piece of this amazing board?

Hi.

We have built a HDMI full HD image grabber hardware which ist connected to a raspberry pi (using a FTDI FT2232 fifo). Due to extrem bugs in the USB host drivers of the Raspberry Pi, I’ve tried my private Banana Pi M1 which works like a charm. Now I am interested in testing (topic 3) the new M3 as a replacement of some of our embedded linux boards.

The HDMI grabber is used in police helicopters to store camera snapshots on a USB memory device. With the switch to the Banana Pi, we could use SATA HD/SSD too.

So, If I get a evaluation copy of the M3, I could test the hardware and recomment it as a replacement for our production.

Hello Everyone,

Name is Derek I do a YouTube channel on Linux development boards and want to do a tutorial on the BPIM3 combined with Lightpack here is a example of videos that I do.

I’m a book author and maintain some blogs and websites so I can promote the product. Currently working on my 3rd book about security and I’m interested in adding a chapter dedicated to the BPI-M3 on it.

I own several RPi and would gladly make a review comparison too.

Also have in mind some side projects other than security (server related stuff, software development, home automation, and others).

Hi, I want to try the M3 with my home control system.

Hello, I would like to request a sample product from Banana pi M3.

We are a R&D company specialized on computer vision technology. (Dolphio Technologies) [http://www.dolphio.hu/en/][1]

We use Banana pi for prototyping and hardware development for intelligent surveillance cameras. We would like to increase our processing performance, and develop a new product line.

From Banana pi M1 we ordered about 50 pieces, and after testing the new M3 we would like to upgrade our development boards to M3. So that is why an early sample request is important for us.

thank you

best regards

Bence Baur [1]: http://www.dolphio.hu/en/

Hi, We are from Turkey. www.armturkey.com is the web site.

I need free sample A83T

We testing this board, pictures, infos and more from my web site and from ARM news chanels Facebook, twitter, and here is the link for Checking is real …

https://twitter.com/ARMTurkey

http://www.scoop.it/t/armturkey

We are write Pardus ARM Linux Distro, pardusarm.com and we love Banana Pi Team :wink:

WE are testing 24 hours active, ssh, ftp,web server, mini word press web template, console performance, python project and more…

1 Like

@sinovoip MIT research group would love to test BPI-M3 for in vehicle telemetry, and video capture. We are currently using a M1 and its great, but having issues with video and I/O due to other system demands. The octacore of the M3 should hopefully solve this.

Can you send a unit out to test? We would purchase many for field trails if it all works out.

Thanks!

Hi Lion,

I can offer you to write a manual in a way I have done it here: [see Google docs][1] [1]: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVuukSuby7aCuAaQezFn-kM8ZQM-I0kuGiI_XnT0sDg/edit?pli=1 Based on the option of the M3 I would not only focus on the Hardware, although the software has to run properly. With the CPU provided many scenario’s are possible I would accept suggestion from you too.

Cheers Tido

1 Like

i already have used Raspberry Pi 2 and orange pi plus. i now use Raspberry Pi 2 as for home automation(My friends home). Orange pi plus is very much high performing than rasperry pi 2 with some issues.

Now i think if you send me a sample i can test Banana Pi M3. From the specification provided the new Banana Pi M3 will be far greater than the Boards i already tested.

Looking forward to get a Banana Pi M3 for testing

Here in india especially in my region Single Board Computers are very less due to less knowledge about SBC.I think i can change that a little bit.

1 Like

Hello there. We are a GPS watches and GPS bike computer company: energympro.com We also manufacture our own BLE hear rate products. For our watches and bike computer, we mostly relay on open source tools (now supported by Turtle Sport, GPS Master and new ones coming up as well). We are considering offering our customers a pre-set solution with all the available tools for them to upload and analyse their sport training workouts. The data upload would be done by usb wiring and also bluetooth for the upcoming products.

I will also personally use the board for my own purpose including Media center for a projector / Voip solution and WLAN solution.

Thanks.

Hello, I am currently building Car PC using Banana PI M1+. The operating system is Android 4.2. Soon I will upload youtube review of it and will post it here in the forum as well. I would like to test and evaluate the M3 board in my project, as well as explore additional possibilities like OBD car connection and car parking system via Bluetooth. The M3 board has built-in Bluetooth and since it will support Android 5 it will be perfect choice of Car PC.

Hi, I’m creating a product for beehives monitoring. It consists in an Arduino, some sensors, the software and a web application. One of the main problems is energy comsumption which is high with the Yún. I’d like to test this new micro-controller to see if it’s better at that very point. Thanks

Hey Banana Pi team,

I was a beta tester for the M2, but that A31s processor kept giving me troubles. Any chance I could get an M3 to keep doing work on embedded game systems?

Thanks.

Hi Banana Pi Team, We are a smart grid company working on a IoT project and would like to try this board for the project.

Our website is www.silverspringnet.com Would help to get our hands on one as we are evaluating similar vendors. Thanks

可以送给我一款M3吗?现在在用M1,想把M3使用在NAS方面的应用上,谢谢!!

I have a home lab for NAS testing (OpenMediaVault) + RAID Enclosures and HTPC testing (Kodi/Plex+ Denon Receiver). I’d like to give a chance to Bpi-M3 shows its encoding power, specially with Plex Media Server.

I have a blog with some tech subjects included. Near the beginning of the year I made a blog post about Awesome Raspberry Pi Alternatives, where I named the Banana Pi as the best Raspberry Pi Alternative. My site ranks well on google and my readers are high quality. They actually buy products using the links I provide. I’ve not added new material to my blog because there are too many subjects mixed together. So I have been saving and building up all my material for my new technology-linux-embedded-hardware-focused blog that will be much bigger, loads of content, hits and google presence.

If you send me a BPi M3 sample I will put in significant effort to review and promote your product, and the benefit you get out of that will pay for the sample many times over.

I’m also very active in the community and I’m always encouraging people to look beyond Raspberry Pi and try out devices from other companies, such as yours.

When will this product ship? I really need a small computer of this caliber. I would really like to run my devlopment servers of something as compact as this. Has anyone here tried banana pi for git, web, backup of a ubuntu LTS server?