Banana pi R3 can't save anything in luci

Hello everyone, I have the following problem:

I boot and openwrt starts on 192.168.1.1 I can’t save anything in luci, after the rebbot everything is in the first mode.

OpenWrt 21.02-SNAPSHOT unknown / LuCI openwrt-21.02 branch git-22.130.58625-78a8c67

All 4 jumpers are down.

Thanks for your help Andreas

Official image? Try image from openwrt.org…this has been discussed many times before

on https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=22.03.2 there is no image for the R3 to download.

where can I get a current working image?

Greetings Andreas Screenshot%202023-01-06%20165320

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mediatek/filogic/

The device is not yet supported by any stable release, but you can use development/nightly snapshot in the meantime:

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=SNAPSHOT&target=mediatek%2Ffilogic&id=bananapi_bpi-r3

vielen dank, ich werde es Probieren

:blush: grüße Andreas

You should write only in english :slight_smile:

I’ve tried everything, now almost nothing works. With the new image, the R3 doesn’t boot completely. ifconfig shows me it’s on 192.168.1.1. I can also ping the address… but Luci doesn’t open. can someone give me a specific tip?

Think Andreas

if using the snapshot image from openwrt.org you have to install luci first

yes Great, I can’t do that, I’m a Linux beginner… is there no real image with Luci?

you could try if on the ip ssh answers…try to make ssh connection with putty/minicom to the ip-address. better is having debug-uart to see all whats going on and have a fallback if you break your network-stack :slight_smile:

I do everything via UART Usb Adapter. because my problem is that the images all have the address 192.168.1.1… but my Fritzbox also die192.168.1.1. I can’t change the Fritzbox addresses because otherwise I would have to change the whole network.

ok, then you can also change ipaddress on the system, i’m not familar with openwrt but temporary you can change it like this:

ip addr del 192.168.1.1/24 dev lanbr0
ip addr add 192.168.1.200/24 dev lanbr0 // or something else

and then connect any of the lan-ports to you existing lan (so you have same subnet). for internet-access you have to set default route and dns-resolver

ip route add default via 192.168.1.1

dns-resolver depends on what openwrt is using, i guess @dangowrt can help here. debian/ubuntu uses /etc/resolve.conf or systemd-resolved

then you can install lucy and make all permanent network config there

OK I’ll try it now, I’ll get back to you right away… that’ll be fun :wink:

Do this to change the LAN address permanently to 192.168.3.1:

uci set network.lan.ipaddr=192.168.3.1
uci commit network
reload_config

If you wish that the device simply connects to the existing router and uses DHCP to acquire an address, you may do so as well:

uci set network.lan.proto=dhcp
uci commit network
reload_config

(then you need to check your main router to find the address it assigned to the R3 which uses hostname ‘OpenWrt’ by default)

1 Like

Did you add LuCI to the list of packages to be installed in the firmware-selector? It is not installed by default in snapshot builds, but you can add it quite easily:

screenshot

Colleagues, slowly slowly… I’m a beginner !!! I have made:

• ip addr del 192.168.1.1/24 dev br-lan
  • ip addr add 192.168.1.200/24 ​​dev br-lan
  • ip route add default via 192.168.1.1
  • ip: RTNETLINK answers: File exists

did something go wrong with the last command?

Do I have to type that in manually with the keyboard?

When I enter “luci-ssl-wolfssl” manually with the keyboard I get this error message.

Screenshot%202023-01-11%20200930

can confirm that it does not work for me too…if i add luci-ssl build is successful, but package-list has luci dropped