Which Image is the best for using a BananaPro with the camera

Hi there. I’m new to BananaPro and I want use it with the camara modul. I tried to enable the hardware in Raspbian for Banana, but I get an error about an outdated firmware?!? Which Image (Raspbian, Bananian, Android, Lubuntu…) should I use? Thanks in advance

BPI-M1+ same as pro, but you need check your camera module . if you buy it from Lemaker, the best way is download image from www.lemaker.org. maybe driver have some different

I bought this one:

I have installed the Raspbian_For_BananaPro_v1412 Image. When I try to enable the camera option in raspi-config, I get the message:

Your Firmware appears to be out of date (no start_x.elf). Please update

Now I have installed bananian-1508 Image. After installing Mplayer and the commands modprobe ov5640 modprobe sun4i_csi0 mplayer tv:// I get a video on the connected TV. But how can I stream this video output on my Macs or iPad? And how can I record the stream? I have read much instructions about Raspbian and the installed programs raspivid and raspistill. But with Raspbian for BananaPro I have the error about the firmware above. Are there equivalents to this two programs for Bananian?

This is the output of the SSH console (I use ZOC) on my Mac:

MPlayer2 2.0-728-g2c378c7-4+b1 © 2000-2012 MPlayer Team Cannot open file ‘/root/.mplayer/input.conf’: No such file or directory Failed to open /root/.mplayer/input.conf. Cannot open file ‘/etc/mplayer/input.conf’: No such file or directory Failed to open /etc/mplayer/input.conf.

Playing tv://. Detected file format: TV Selected driver: v4l2 name: Video 4 Linux 2 input author: Martin Olschewski [email protected] comment: first try, more to come :wink: v4l2: your device driver does not support VIDIOC_G_STD ioctl, VIDIOC_G_PARM was used instead. Selected device: sun4i_csi Capabilities: video capture read/write streaming supported norms: inputs: 0 = ; Current input: 0 Current format: NV21 v4l2: ioctl set format failed: Invalid argument tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default. v4l2: ioctl enum norm failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device Error: Cannot set norm! Selected input hasn’t got a tuner! v4l2: ioctl set mute failed: Invalid argument v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument v4l2: ioctl query control failed: Invalid argument vo: couldn’t open the X11 display ()! vo: couldn’t open the X11 display ()! vo: couldn’t open the X11 display ()! [gl] OpenGL 3.x context creation not implemented. vo: couldn’t open the X11 display ()! SDL SetVideoMode failed: OpenGL not available vo: couldn’t open the X11 display ()! [VO_SDL] Using driver: fbcon. vo: couldn’t open the X11 display ()! [ass] auto-open VIDEO: 640x480 30.000 fps 0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kB/s) Opening video filter: [scale] [swscaler @ 0xb5ca5980]using unscaled yuv420p -> yuv420p special converter VO: [sdl] 640x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12 Selected video codec: RAW I420 [raw] Audio: no sound Starting playback… V: 0.0 2923/2923 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0

I have to insert ctrl-c to stop the output. Is there no GUI for Mplayer?

Anyway. Happy X-Mas and a Happy New Year!

It’s not about firmware, it’s just a scam to provide an OS image called Raspbian for Banana Pi/Pro.

Neither raspi-config, nor raspivid/raspistill work on any Banana Pi/Pro. The hardware is too different.

You’ll never get lucky with a camera connected to a Banana Pi/Pro, better stay with a Raspberry Pi where all this works flawlessly.