What´s the best Practice to Build own Kernel

Shure,it’s only for usb, but my mouse and keyboad dont work without it.:grinning:

I’ve tried, and i got this error:

[1.111339] clk: failed to reparent hdmi_sel to hdmitx_dig_cts: -22

At least: CONFIG_DRM_MALI_DISPLAY=y and CONFIG_DRM_ARM=y

Please see my cofig diff.

config.diff (3.4 КБ)

There are many of unnesessary changes, so I can rebuld kernel with default config with all nesessary changes and send the patch, if You need.

right, but hdmi works without this, right?

added these 3 options (regulator+2xdrm) to defconfig…

ok i see there are some more options related:

• +CONFIG_DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER=y
  • +CONFIG_COMMON_CLK_MT2701_MMSYS=y
  • +CONFIG_COMMON_CLK_MT2701_IMGSYS=y
  • +CONFIG_COMMON_CLK_MT2701_VDECSYS=y
  • +CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE=y
  • +CONFIG_VIDEOMODE_HELPERS=y

last one is seleted by default:

│ Symbol: VIDEOMODE_HELPERS [=y]                                                                                         │  
  │ Type  : bool                                                                                                           │  
  │   Defined at drivers/video/Kconfig:33                                                                                  │  
  │   Depends on: HAS_IOMEM [=y]                                                                                           │  
  │   Selected by:                                                                                                         │  
  │   - DRM_MALI_DISPLAY [=y] && HAS_IOMEM [=y] && DRM [=y] && OF [=y] && (ARM [=y] || ARM64) && COMMON_CLK [=y]

Probably… DRM_MALI_DISPLAY wasn’t configured, so Xorg was not able to start. I’ll try to rebuild kernel without this patch, but with Mali display enabled. But probably only tomorrow.

That was my try to enable frame buffer, so it’s not nessesary.

how about the others (drm_kms and videomode_helpers)? i guess the clocks are neccessary…

Please remove these two lines in hdmi node to get rid of that error.

assigned-clocks = <&topckgen CLK_TOP_HDMI_SEL>;

assigned-clock-parents = <&hdmi_phy>;

have done it (also adding the clock-options), @DeadMeat can you please test it?

As soon as I get to my R2. Most likely tomorrow.

P. S. Probably we should to discuss hdmi in a dedicated thread, I suppose this one is for general kernel building. :slight_smile:

Maybe we can use this: Hdmi in uboot and linux

at least we should get the virtual fb console working…then the xserver