Ubuntu 18.4 with kernel 4.14.48

(Marco Alvarado) #61

Thanks Frank … the R2 it is booting from emmc without problems. However …

It is complicated to make the lan ports to work well with the 4.14.69 kernel (I suppose the problem is mine, but I can’t catch it). The wan port works flawlessly.

I have been trying a lot of configurations but I still don’t understand what I am doing wrong.

Could you check to see if there is something wrong with my network configuration?

(I can ping loosing packages … but all connection attempts are interrupted. Here I am using a bridge, but I also attempted with the independent lan ports without success)

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
   dns-nameservers  8.8.8.8

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual
  pre-up ip link set $IFACE up
  post-down ip link set $IFACE down

auto lan0
iface lan0 inet manual

auto lan1
  iface lan1 inet manual

auto lan2
  iface lan2 inet manual

auto lan3
  iface lan3 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
  address 192.168.51.115
  netmask 255.255.255.0
  bridge_ports lan0 lan1 lan2 lan3
  bridge_fd 5
  bridge_stp no

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet manual

auto wan
iface wan inet dhcp

(Frank W.) #62

If using a bridge remove config for single ports (lanx).

(Marco Alvarado) #63

Hi …

After checking and re-checking everything 100 times, making all sort of customizations, trying different types of cables, 4.4, 4.9, 4.16, 4.17 kernels … no way, the lanX ports, alone or in a bridge basically don’t work.

Then, I was thinking about what you said on the R2 SATA port problems. So, I took my last R2 in stock (brand new), and made it to work with the SD card. And figure what …

It works!!!

This gives me a very bad feeling about the R2 machines. Not about SINOVOIP, because I have several M2+ and they work well … but it seems that the R2 have serious manufacturing problems. The main problem is that the R2 configuration is for heavy usage scenarios, but the machine seems not to be on pair with the real-life requirements :frowning:

P.S. The one failed it is also a new machine. Just unpacked it to install the software. And the one with SATA “issues” was also new.

(Frank W.) #64

you mean your lan-problem is also a manufacturing-issue not misconfiguration?

Have you tried one of my images?

(Marco Alvarado) #65

I am using your image with 4.4.69 (downloaded from your GIT). The same SD works with one machine and doesn’t work with the other.

With the machine have failures, it shows more than 40% lost packages, so it almost never can complete a connection (2 from 30 attempts)… and from these 2 successful connections, only one was working well … at least form the 2 minutes I used it … the other quickly was dropped.

(Marco Alvarado) #66

Just an update.

I have been configuring and recompiling everything for the 18.04 version (as many libraries change). But it seems to work well … I still need to return to the “failing machine” to re-check how it works.

However, I need to activate the user space modules in your imported configuration because without them the AF_ALG it is not available for cryptographic processing. Right now, I have the Hash functions working on 4.14.71.

(Frank W.) #67

Which config-option exactly is missing?