Setting up hostapd on CentOS / BPI-R2

For the Debian stretch image from your google dir, is the dhclient also set in the kernel or do you need to set this manually? ta, t.

Imho it is a separate binary which have not to be installed. It works by setting interface to dhcp in /etc/network/interfaces

I just tried and that and no luck. Before I booted, I put the following into the /etc/network/interfaces:

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

allow-hotplug eth0

iface eth0 inet dhcp

The original /etc/network/interfaces on the image was not the debian default one.

Crickey, why does it have to be so difficult?

Using the debian-stretch.img from frank-w’s google drive download.

Also: I tried putting a static ip in the /etc/network/interfaces file, did not work either.

My image using newer kernel where eth0 is the lane between soc and switch…you have to configure lanx or wan

It seems I would need to compile my own kernel, like you have done.

On your very informative wiki, do you have a documentation for compiling your own kernel, then installing it so that it will actually boot. Using u-boot is very different from grub2.

And likewise, it would be nice to be able to make my own .img files, to contribute to the project. I hope to be doing that soonish.

ta, t.

Why do you need to compile your own kernel? Steps are described on kernel-page in my wiki. Basicly clone my repo and run build.sh (params on my repos readme.md).

For creating img…simply make dd from sdcard, mounting it as loopdevice and then remove your personal config (users,login-data,logs,…) and for better packing creating a zero-file till the partition is full