* Ethernet 1000 --- Working
* sndaudio --- Working
* sndHDMI --- Not Sure no hdmi monitor
* Drive corruption issue  --- Working
* Software issues from the Ubuntu Mate parent image
* QasMixer adjusted and working. --- Working
* VLC - MPlayer using X11 720P --- Working --- Fullscreen Not working
* LION battery working great

I have been working on a functional install of LXDE Jessie on Ubuntu 16.04 with all of the patches and most of the hardware to software functions solved. I will be trimming out the unused parts over the weekend and posting this coming week. May 20 - 27 2017.

I wil post back here looking forward to adding some much needed love to the BPI-M3.

Here is the link to the image

after booting into pi/bananapi or root/bananapi run BLUETOOTH at the terminal prompt to enable bluetooth and audio bluetooth

2 Likes

Hello

Thanks a lot for this!

Have you maybe tried Kodi with your image?

LOL! Get a Nano Pi, Orange Pi or BPi M2+ and use @jernej’s OpenELEC: Openelec Kodi 16.0 (xbmc) on the Banana Pi BPI M2+ project

2 Likes

The way PowerV works is different than the Mali GPU. The full screen video is not functional yet mostly due to the enthusiasm for the Mali GPU on the Android platform. PowerV is more like the TI GPU chip set not much of a community and I have not gotten into it yet. XSGX is working but it does not seem to be using the GPU on the chip. So in short I do not think Kodi will function normally yet.

I am really not interested in the other Pi products in particular I am not a PI enthusiast. I have a software stack that needs a bunch of threads to function as designed this board lets me use the kernel affinity to dedicate process to 6 cores and still allow real time for IO. As far as the PI format part of this I will be separating out of the PI in future versions as I can fab boards tailored to our needs.

I am still sorting out a novice user functional bluetooth stack. Kind of interesting on the bluetooth stuff Bluez seems to have a lot of inconsistencies for such a mature package. Just built the latest branch and the errors are the same however I can repeatedly script the setup and connect and make use of pulse audio through a Auvio speaker. My iphone6 automatically paired with the bluetooth while running the script I included. Next tonight I am checking out the Blueberry package and see if it is any better.

1 Like

I am unsure of the other PI boards we are using the Nano NEO2 with the drive attachment for inexpensive storage for our members. Generally I am pleased with the NEO2 however it is headless and no audio wifi bluetooth.

Maybe a $100 set top linux industrial computer would be better for Kodi XBMC and other Set top box applications.

1 Like

I had to try my luck. :wink:

Thank you I will check it out. It is a pity though.

Yes it does have something to do with full screen. http://cdn.imgtec.com/sdk-documentation/PowerVR+Hardware.Architecture+Overview+for+Developers.pdf

The FrameBuffer gets chopped up processed and reassembled for display. Mali being an android target takes the webkit approach of assembly and display more like a web browser does. The code and method is much different.

On my M3s I see a notable change in htop when I select fullscreen of a video playing in VLC. The video comes up on fullscreen but plays only it’s native size. When escaping out of Fullscreen the artifacting indicates region repaints rather than block repaints. Like when you move a window around and it cleans the FB remnants.

It may be different on the HDMI configurations but it does this with the 1366 x 768 DVI Monitor I have. The XSGX is working however vdpau is not, also any scaling of the original video size gives poor results. My guess is that there is a difference in the code for XSGX from the PowerVR group and the code that the demo images are built on. It looks like the video is being fed to the GPU as a stream rather than a chunk.

However I am not an enthusiast I am working on a code base for a different reason. My next big push is compiling a full modern LAMP (mariadb) for the device. PHP7.1.2 Apache 2.4.25

Once I clean up the cross compiled m1 m2 m3 multi boot and get a Debian standard file system back in order I will be recompiling the kernel using a diff scrubbing of the 4.10 kernel to make what changes I feel are necessary for my project.

I will share the refined images as I go.